Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4.2.19: Can't view episode notes from All Feeds

4.2.19: Can't view episode notes from All Feeds

Open left side nav. Touch All Feeds. Touch the text for any episode.

Instead of displaying the episode notes, BP goes away, as though the Back button had been pressed. (It doesn't say it's loading episodes when you open it again, so it doesn't seem to have crashed).

Get to the same episode any other way and the episode notes come up as expected.

If I understand what you are saying correctly, I think you are seeing a problem I've had for a long time on releases prior to 4.2.19.

I see BeyondPod crash (try doing this while playing something and see if it stops playing when the app screen goes away) if I attempt to view episode notes from an item while viewing a very long playlist. (I have over 2000 "pending" episodes if I create a playlist using "all feeds.") If I have a shorter playlist running, the feature works fine. I am also able to view notes if I request it from a playback display (large podcast icon, large play button, etc.) by clicking on the episode name.

I reported this to the BeyondPod team and they felt my very long list isexcessive and this was not something they would fix. (I may be unfairly parapharsing (you can look at past forum posts to see this), and I've accepted the answer and found other ways to view episode notes that don't crash the app as documented above.)

-David

Quote Originally Posted by dlynch View Post

Instead of displaying the episode notes, BP goes away, as though the Back button had been pressed. (It doesn't say it's loading episodes when you open it again, so it doesn't seem to have crashed).

Get to the same episode any other way and the episode notes come up as expected.

BeyondPod Team
    We are currently looking into issues with the new release.

BeyondPod Team

I am not able to reproduce this issue you are having. What device are you using? And what version of Android?

BeyondPod Team

Hello dlynch,

Developers have made a fix for your issue in the latest BETA version 4.2.32 which can be found by visiting http://www.beyondpod.mobi/Android/BETA/

Same behavior in 4.2.32, sadly

BeyondPod Team
    Same behavior in 4.2.32, sadly
    Hmm. I am not able to reproduce this on any of my devices. I am able to view notes just fine. I am going to have you send me your logs again to see if there are any clues using 4.2.32.

BeyondPod Team
    Hello dlynch,

BETA version 4.2.34 was just released yesterday. Are you still having issues with BP disappearing when you click on episode notes in "All Feeds"?

I install the beta versions when they are available in the Play Store. I'll test the issues I've reported once that happens.

BeyondPod Team
    I install the beta versions when they are available in the Play Store. I'll test the issues I've reported once that happens.
    We have submitted v4.2.34 to the Google PlayStore today so it should be available soon after it has been accepted and pushed.