Thread: 4.2.1.19 - BP staff aren't actually reading any of this stuff

4.2.1.19 - BP staff aren't actually reading any of this stuff

KimW hasn't logged into the forum since the middle of last week and hasn't posted in 11 days.

Capture.jpg

Is BeyondPod a one-man-show?

It would be nice to get a statement considering how absolutely broken this release is, but I'm sure we'll get one soon. I saw Julie logged on this weekend, I'm sure she saw the dumpster fire that this forum turned into and is working with the team

It does seem like development had greatly slowed and this isn't a full time project anymore though.

BeyondPod Team
    Hello All,

I apologize you think your posts are not read, as they certainly are. I was on Holiday until today so this is the first time I am seeing your posts since last week. We are looking into the issues you are having with the new release now. I apologize for your issues and I am working with the development team to get these resolved asap.

Thank you for the response. Is there a rationale for releasing this beta immediately prior to a long holiday weekend?

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by DrQuincy View Post
    Thank you for the response. Is there a rationale for releasing this beta immediately prior to a long holiday weekend?
    We are having a Holiday Sale for BP and wanted to have the new release available in time for the sale. We appreciate your feedback as that is the purpose of BETA testers is to figure out the issues the release has before it ever touches production.

So .19 was a release candidate?

At the very least, we quickly need a release that is the previous beta, but acts as an update so that we can get our database in order. I tried importing my settings and database into the previous beta and it simply froze, so telling us to retreat to the previous beta while we wait for an update isn't valid.

This was extremely poorly done. Never do a release before a holiday weekend; at least look at the release before you publish it; and don't treat beta testers as expendable drones. You were having a holiday sale for BP? Awesome. Then wait a week and don't put out a CLEARLY broken beta before the weekend. If you had taken even a cursory glance at it you would have seen how completely broken it was. Themes are broken; update scheduling is broken; skip to next episode is broken; screen stays on during playback; and these are only the things I encountered on my first hour with it.

PLEASE consider a policy of reasonable Alpha testing before releasing a Beta.

Quote Originally Posted by bobsterco View Post
    PLEASE consider a policy of reasonable Alpha testing before releasing a Beta.
    My plea as well. This was not ready for Beta testing.