Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 4.2.1.9: Skip ahead missing; Dark Theme not dark; Auto update doesn't work

4.2.1.9: Skip ahead missing; Dark Theme not dark; Auto update doesn't work

So many things broke on this release...
    My observations:
    1.) Skip ahead doesn't show in static notification nor main controls, even though it's checked.
    2.) Dark Theme is not dark on the main page listing all podcasts
    3.) Automatic Updates doesn't respect the "Repeat Every" ___ hrs setting. And the "Start At" time always gets set to the current time
    4.) Hangs about once per day, and have to Force close
    5.) A few settings (e.g., custom playback speeds) got lost/reset after the update.

Android 7.0 on Samsung S7 Edge

I'm experiencing the same issues. I have an LG G6 running Android 7.0

I am experiencing the same issues. I am running a Samsung Galaxy S8+ running Android 7.0.

Failed fallbacks to previous versions as reported in other threads suggests this is not a viable workaround.

BeyondPod Team
    Thank you for your feedback and device information. We are looking into the issues you mentioned.

I'm experiencing similar issues. Running S7 with latest software.

Same issues plus play and stop now not working with Bluetooth headset since update. Using Moto Z phone, Moto surround headset, latest software.

Unfortunately, I am done with BeyondPod. After the disastrous "beta" (really Alpha) release right before a holiday/weekend, relatively little response from BeyondPod, and no effort to release a straight forward roll-back, I'm moving on.

It used to be that no other podcast app came close to BeyondPod's capabilities that I really liked (smart playlist, skip ahead, changing playback speed, Android Auto, etc). But at least one other Android app has met and maybe even surpassed BeyondPod for me. Even though I paid for BeyondPod, I'm moving on. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by mblommer View Post
    Unfortunately, I am done with BeyondPod. After the disastrous "beta" (really Alpha) release right before a holiday/weekend, relatively little response from BeyondPod, and no effort to release a straight forward roll-back, I'm moving on.

It used to be that no other podcast app came close to BeyondPod's capabilities that I really liked (smart playlist, skip ahead, changing playback speed, Android Auto, etc). But at least one other Android app has met and maybe even surpassed BeyondPod for me. Even though I paid for BeyondPod, I'm moving on. Good luck.
    I'm rapidly reaching that point. The only thing that can justify this is if there was some kind of major personal emergency, and we haven't been told that. We've been told nothing except "be careful before installing betas!" And somehow the beta is still up for download. Maybe they don't care since we've already paid? It's really, *really* annoying. I have hundreds of podcasts set up in my BeyondPod, and I don't want to have to rebuild them in a previous version, since the previous version froze when trying to import my feeds. So, if I have to rebuild them, it will not be in BeyondPod.

KimW, you *need* to tell us something. *now*.

Don't leave us hanging here... Which alternative do you think it's worth looking at? (And how easy is it to migrate from BP?)

BeyondPod Team
    I apologize there are so many issues with this release. The development team is working to push fixes for this release as soon as possible.