Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 4.2.1.9: Skip ahead missing; Dark Theme not dark; Auto update doesn't work

KimW...I can appreciate that you are likely only the messenger, but this is really unacceptable. Why wasn't the beta pulled as soon as the issues were being reported? These aren't minor bugs, these are major problems that are rendering BP virtually unusable. Yes, we can uninstall and then install the most recent production version, but doing so is A LOT of work for many of us that subscribe to many podcasts. It is simply insulting that the BP team refuses to push out a new 'beta' that would revert the affected users back to the most recent production version. Instead, BP wants us to do all the work to make their product usable again. What a horrible way to treat customers that love your product so much that they are willing to get beta versions to provide BP with what is basically free QA assistance.

Add to the list:
    Playlist clears after last item plays, disregarding "do nothing" setting on playlist behavior.

Also

Quote Originally Posted by bklynma437 View Post
    Add to the list:
    Playlist clears after last item plays, disregarding "do nothing" setting on playlist behavior.
    I am having the problem with add new podcast. I can do search which is kind of difficult that font is white on light grey. I don't know if there is setting that effect this display.
    However I get to point of trying to subscribe the podcast and it hangs with popup to wait or close application.

I appreciate all the hard work making apps in current Android system is not easy task.

Thank you so much
    Will

Adding to the list of issues: the app freezes and stops responding every time I try to view the update log.

I echo everyone else's sentiment. This release is completely unusable and has been for entirely too long. It should have been rolled back. I'm at least leaving the beta program after this experience.

I am not a developer [of this product] but it seems to me that the problem is it's not remembering settings. It lets you change settings but it's not saving them, or it's not caring and is falling back on defaults. Nearly every issue we've brought up - screen timeout, auto-update, theme, etc. - is controlled by a setting. Which may be why it can't be imported [at least by me] into a previous beta, because the settings file is corrupted.

KimW, you need to tell us what their response to your notes is. It's good that we have some contact with them via you, but instead of telling us that you've told them, tell us what they've told you. Please. This is desperately needed to keep from shedding further users.

We need some kind of statement from the developers, and we needed it two weeks ago.

I think Golbez is correct about savings not being applied.

Also, I've tried exporting and then reloading savings to try and get them to apply. No luck.

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Golbez View Post
    I am not a developer [of this product] but it seems to me that the problem is it's not remembering settings. It lets you change settings but it's not saving them, or it's not caring and is falling back on defaults. Nearly every issue we've brought up - screen timeout, auto-update, theme, etc. - is controlled by a setting. Which may be why it can't be imported [at least by me] into a previous beta, because the settings file is corrupted.

KimW, you need to tell us what their response to your notes is. It's good that we have some contact with them via you, but instead of telling us that you've told them, tell us what they've told you. Please. This is desperately needed to keep from shedding further users.

We need some kind of statement from the developers, and we needed it two weeks ago.
    I will give updates as I am aware of them.

Quote Originally Posted by KimW View Post
    I will give updates as I am aware of them.
    This would imply that, though you have been passing info to the developers, you have heard nothing back from them on this subject?

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Golbez View Post
    This would imply that, though you have been passing info to the developers, you have heard nothing back from them on this subject?
    Golbez, I know that bugs have been reported by me to the developers and they are working on fixes for those bugs which is what I have communicated in this forum. That is all the update I have at this time, is that the developers are actively working on fixes.

Quote Originally Posted by KimW View Post
    Golbez, I know that bugs have been reported by me to the developers and they are working on fixes for those bugs which is what I have communicated in this forum. That is all the update I have at this time, is that the developers are actively working on fixes.
    Thank you. Have they given any explanation yet for why this happened, and why the beta is still available for download?