Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 87

Thread: 4.2.19 How long until some new release?

  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by jpearl View Post
    Honestly after weeks of this not working, I've started using a different podcast app. At some point, it's time to just move on since this hasn't been fixed by now.
    Which one? I tried out Pocket Casts because it was highly rated but it doesn't appear to have functionality to do automatic downloading in release order (!).

  2. #32
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by AcerbicMaelin View Post
    Which one? I tried out Pocket Casts because it was highly rated but it doesn't appear to have functionality to do automatic downloading in release order (!).
    I agree. Everyone raves about Pocket Casts, but coming from BeyondPod, it's pretty bare bones in customization features. I can't use it. Looking for other recommendations.

  3. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    232
    As pissed as I am, I don't see many better options out there (dog catcher?). Just roll back to the .18 release. I won't be moving on for a long time, this version just works.

    I totally hate the attitude of the developers, but sticking with the last working version means I won't have to deal with them until Android 9.0 breaks something (then I'll start looking around for a new app).

    Not using the latest beta is still an option, and it looks like the best one to me.

  4. #34
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by AcerbicMaelin View Post
    Which one? I tried out Pocket Casts because it was highly rated but it doesn't appear to have functionality to do automatic downloading in release order (!).
    Look at the filter option. I was able to create a filter of the podcasts I listen to and sort them by date order. Similar functionality to the playlist in BeyondPod. Does that help?

  5. #35
    BeyondPod Team
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    US
    Posts
    778
    @MichaelT and @ratatosk and anyone else who is having an issue with adding new feeds: Could you send your BeyondPod Log when the app crashes after trying to add a new feed please? I have sent my own personal log to the developers but they would like as many logs as possible from different devices.

    Thank you.

  6. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by AcerbicMaelin View Post
    Which one? I tried out Pocket Casts because it was highly rated but it doesn't appear to have functionality to do automatic downloading in release order (!).
    Quote Originally Posted by forgedfoe View Post
    I agree. Everyone raves about Pocket Casts, but coming from BeyondPod, it's pretty bare bones in customization features. I can't use it. Looking for other recommendations.
    Quote Originally Posted by jpearl View Post
    Look at the filter option. I was able to create a filter of the podcasts I listen to and sort them by date order. Similar functionality to the playlist in BeyondPod. Does that help?
    Quote Originally Posted by phalkon30 View Post
    As pissed as I am, I don't see many better options out there (dog catcher?). Just roll back to the .18 release. I won't be moving on for a long time, this version just works.
    This just shows the previous developers were doing such a great job that, even after this debacle, it is still the best out there (at least for our need). But that likely won't hold true much longer. According to her blog, Julie has picked Podcast Addict. Just saying.
    Personally I'm staying with .18 until either next Android breaks it or Episodesync no longer works (given the couple issues we have this year, I'm not optimistic).

  7. #37
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    4
    Which one are you trying?

    I'm trying Podcast Addict and it seems nice so far!

  8. #38
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonium View Post
    Which one are you trying?

    I'm trying Podcast Addict and it seems nice so far!
    I forgot to mention in my earlier post that I'm using PocketCast. Seems good so far.

  9. #39
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    4
    I'm evaluating other podcast apps myself. That's after using BeyondPod for many years.

    (BeyondPod has gone from the same .19 annoying bugs others are complaining about to downright unusable after the android 8.1 update: controls stopped working, playback is unreliable. I was willing to deal with annoying bugs, but with 8.1 we have a serious problem. And after seeing some of the people on this forum are literally suggesting that I shouldn't expect it to work, and no 'official' response, I'm deciding to look elsewhere.)

    So on the train ride in this morning I downloaded a few new podcast apps to evaluate.

    So far my favorite is AntennaPod. Has anyone tried it?
    Seems to have most of the options of BP, and then some.
    (One in particular I always wish BeyondPod had was parallel downloads..)
    If it's good with Android Auto then I may have a winner..

  10. #40
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by stevetursi View Post
    I'm evaluating other podcast apps myself. That's after using BeyondPod for many years.

    (BeyondPod has gone from the same .19 annoying bugs others are complaining about to downright unusable after the android 8.1 update: controls stopped working, playback is unreliable. I was willing to deal with annoying bugs, but with 8.1 we have a serious problem. And after seeing some of the people on this forum are literally suggesting that I shouldn't expect it to work, and no 'official' response, I'm deciding to look elsewhere.)

    So on the train ride in this morning I downloaded a few new podcast apps to evaluate.

    So far my favorite is AntennaPod. Has anyone tried it?
    Seems to have most of the options of BP, and then some.
    (One in particular I always wish BeyondPod had was parallel downloads..)
    If it's good with Android Auto then I may have a winner..
    Been trying Podcast Addict for the past day. It's great with Android Auto -- forward/reverse are tied to skips, not next/previous podcasts. That in itself is a huge improvement over BP.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •