Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: 4.2.19 How long until some new release?

So tomorrow I finally have time to uninstall and go back to mainline version, but I'm wondering if it's worth the effort or I should just jump ship if so any recommendations?

I used the adb based procedure a couple of weeks ago to go back to .18. Been glad to get back to my old, stable, full featured friend since.

Yeah, the .18 release works perfectly well and is the last release from the developers that actually knew what they were doing (or cared). I rolled back months ago, and probably won't roll forward until I'm forced to by an OS update.

Past that, Pocket Casts was highly recommended on AndroidPolice when they had the article a few days ago. You'd miss some smart play features but I was assured that filters are similar.

I'll personally be surprised if any new release of BeyondPod ever comes out but I could be wrong.

Recently decided to try Pocket Casts and the only thing I am missing is the automatic jump back a few seconds after a pause in playback. In most areas, PC is a vastly superior product to BP (not least in the fact that it actually works) and I am not going to go back to BP and its terrible user interface, even if they get their act together and fix the issues.

Sure, there are features in BP that you will not find in PC so if any of those are important to you, switching may obviously not be for you.

BeyondPod Team
    Hello All,

I have heard from the lead developer that we should have a public release within the next week. I actually had requested to be a part of the testing and I have tested the new beta they have produced myself. They are being thorough as there was such a mess up this past time.

The next step is to release the new beta to a handful of volunteer beta users that would like to use and test the new version and then releasing to the full public after that. (This version is planned to become the new production version as well assuming all is well when released as a beta first.)

I can tell you for a fact though that work has been done this whole time and that the fixes have been made as I have personally used the new, fixed version myself on my own devices. I want to personally thank you all for your continued patience and also my apologies that this has taken this long to get it out to the public but they are making sure everything is working properly before this is passed along again to the users.

I did want to give you the latest update I had and let you know we are so very close to having this new working version to you all. I will be updating you again when I have more information on an exact date of when the public beta release will be made.

Thank you.

BeyondPod Team
    Hello All,

We are looking for about 20 volunteers that are willing to test and provide feedback on the newest beta 4.2.21. At this time, we are only interested in bugs. We can take feature requests once we’ve verified we have a solid build and even then, those feature requests will be worked on in future releases.

If you are interested in being a volunteer, please let me know and I will private message you information and a link to get the 4.2.21 beta version.

Thank you!

Thanks for the update Kim. I don't want to be a beta tester as I know I won't be bothered to provide feedback so I don't want to waste a spot. Hope this goes well.