Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 4.2.19 How long until some new release?

Quote Originally Posted by ratatosk View Post
    ... , constant battery-use notification from Pixel, ....
    That one isn't due to the new release, it's Android 8.0.

There is a deeply buried setting to turn this off. (Roughly, go to the Settings from one of these Google Play Services notifications, and you'll find on for app battery usage. You can make it silent or disabled altogether.)

+1 this is nuts. You deployed a release that is completely unusable. The solution isn't to make paying customers wait "week(s)" for an update. Roll it back.

After months and months and months of no production updates, the app breaks on Oreo and this nightmare of an update that is barely functional is pushed out before a holiday and then silence. Unbelievable. I'm looking into alternative podcast apps and am really regretting having paid for Pro.

Quote Originally Posted by Golbez View Post
    I will note that inexplicably, beta 19 is still up for download. Why? Who is in charge of this?
    Is there a way to report this to Google? It's so broken that it's literally unusable and destroys configurations. This is pre-Alpha code. It's actually more buggy than Apple software.

This update is sooooo bad, it's ridiculous. I've never seen a worse beta.

When will the updated version be available? I listen 5+ hours a day and the app is so messed up that isn't possible. I will be looking for alternatives if this isn't resolved this week. There are other players out there and if they actually care about their users, I will go that direction.

Thanks,
    Jarrod

Quote Originally Posted by forgedfoe View Post
    Is there a way to report this to Google? It's so broken that it's literally unusable and destroys configurations. This is pre-Alpha code. It's actually more buggy than Apple software.
    Yes... You report the app as inappropriate in the play store and choose the reason that it is harmful to data.

But that's a pretty extreme choice.

Any updates here?!?

BeyondPod Team
    Hello,

The only update I have from development at this time is that the fixes are actively being made and tested. When I have more information about when these fixes will be released, I will update you all.

Hi, Kim. Thanks for stepping up to be the communications conduit in this unfortunate situation!

Can you answer a couple of questions?

1) who are you? What exactly is your relationship to BeyondPod?

2) what is the relationship of the "developers" to BeyondPod? Who are they? (And yes, I mean by name. Most open source developers are eager to be known by their projects. If this situation is different, how?)

3) I think I understand how developers might be thinking about this - only so many hours in a day, don't want to deal with short term issues at the expense of the path forward, this whole 8.1 thing wasn't my idea. Is there anybody involved with BeyondPod who is primarily an advocate for the user?

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by dlynch View Post
    2) what is the relationship of the "developers" to BeyondPod? Who are they? (And yes, I mean by name. Most open source developers are eager to be known by their projects. If this situation is different, how?)
    BeyondPod isn't Open Source. It's been owned and supported by Smart Data Systems since March 2016.