Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: 4.2.19 How long until some new release?

Aaand another week without update or new info. Man they sure are testing that release thoroughly.

I'm sure they're super gun-shy about releasing with bugs after the hell we've raised....but come on. The last beta could have been pulled after 3 minutes of testing, and we've gone long enough without any real news that they could have written the whole damn thing from scratch by now. I feel like there's a middle ground that would have been realistic for a beta release here.

It's been almost two months since they released this completely broken beta, and they haven't even taken it down, much less rolled out the old version with a new version number.

There is zero chance there is anyone working on this anymore. I suspect development is contracted out to some foreign agency, and the owner of the program doesn't want to spend any more money.
    Last edited by Kingcrimson; 01-18-2018 at 09:45 AM.

The thing is, they are the company that does the contract work for others.

https://www.smartdatasystems.com/products/beyondpod/

Pretty sure their customers would freak out and run away if they knew how this product is being managed.

Doesn't mean they're doing the actual development. Could be basically a guy in his apartment contracting out the coding.

Oh sure, but you would think if they owned the product and are a company that claims to do mobile development they would do it themselves.

Everything about this company feels wrong if you check out the website. I won't make accusations but I wouldn't spend my money with them. I have my theories what they are about.

I don't think KimW is lying. I think they're lying to KimW.

I agree, I think we need to remember not to shoot the messenger here (Kim).

Maybe start emailing the company directly to see if we can get any movement?

https://www.smartdatasystems.com/contact/

I don't think KimW is lying.
    Agreed, at least not on her own accord. Can't do much if the bossman gives the order.

It couldn't hurt to tell them per email that their bad management is being noticed, I think.

I finally gave up waiting. Yesterday I left the beta program, uninstalled and reinstalled the release version. I couldn't get the backup to work, so had to resubscribe to my podcasts, but the whole process only took me 20 minutes. All works fine now!