Thread: 4.2.19 - Home screen widget is broken when app is not already running

4.2.19 - Home screen widget is broken when app is not already running

Before 4.2.19, I could hit in the Play button on the home screen widget and it would always resume playing from where I last paused. If BeyondPod was not already running, there would be a brief pause as the app started and then it would begin playing.

However, in 4.2.19, if BP is not already running (such as if I swipe away the app in the task switcher, or if it has been a long time since I used the app), the widget simply does not work. None of the buttons function - nothing happens when pressing any of the button. It is not until I open the BP app again that the widget will begin to work again.

Android Version: 8.0

And the 3 dots are gone making it pretty much impossible to use smartplay which makes beyondpod useless. Since, according to the devs, it will be weeks for a fix, clearly it's time to move on.

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Before 4.2.19, I could hit in the Play button on the home screen widget and it would always resume playing from where I last paused. If BeyondPod was not already running, there would be a brief pause as the app started and then it would begin playing.

However, in 4.2.19, if BP is not already running (such as if I swipe away the app in the task switcher, or if it has been a long time since I used the app), the widget simply does not work. None of the buttons function - nothing happens when pressing any of the button. It is not until I open the BP app again that the widget will begin to work again.

Android Version: 8.0
    I will report this to the development team. Seems to work as expected on 7.0.