Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ProtocolException on valid RSS feed

Aww man, AndroidPolice RSS feed now has this error in BeyondPod. I wonder if it's related to them moving to HTTPS on their website?

I wanted to avoid the new beta, but I'm wondering if I'll have to migrate now.

Have a look at this thread before you do.
    http://www.beyondpod.com/forum/showt...ll=1#post18531

Mozilla IRL podcast is now also throwing this error.
    Does anyone know if there is a fix coming or is beyondpod now dead in the water?

Quote Originally Posted by cantanga View Post
    Mozilla IRL podcast is now also throwing this error.
    Does anyone know if there is a fix coming or is beyondpod now dead in the water?
    Look up one post. There's a beta out that has a fix, the developer is doing limited testing before releasing to stable.

I did see that but I've also seen kimw say that a new version was being released December last year (sorry I can't link on my phone for some reason, it's in the thread "is development dead " or something like that) and from what I read the beta had been broken for about a year. Which is why I'm sceptical of a vague claim of "coming soon" and wanting to know if development is actually happening.

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by cantanga View Post
    I did see that but I've also seen kimw say that a new version was being released December last year (sorry I can't link on my phone for some reason, it's in the thread "is development dead " or something like that) and from what I read the beta had been broken for about a year. Which is why I'm sceptical of a vague claim of "coming soon" and wanting to know if development is actually happening.
    Hello,

Yes, development has been happening. As stated in previous comments, we have volunteer users currently testing the latest build before it released to the public. Included in this build is a fix for this issue. You can see in this thread that one of our volunteer testers has confirmed that it is fixed in the latest build.

Hi,

I rolled back to 4.2.18 after the recent " Beta issue " and am now getting the same issue on a feed ( future of photography ). Have checked the owner and no issues from his end ( and no changes ) and no reports coming in from users of other podcatchers. Ny suggestions much appreciated.

Cheers,

F

For me the change happened when the website owner moved to https.

Unfortunately if it doesn't work in .18, then you have to use a newer version. I'll respect KimW by not posting a link to the latest beta, but I will say it's not hard to find and the .22 release is getting very near perfection. PM her to get a link