Thread: Android: Set BeyondPod as default audio player

Android: Set BeyondPod as default audio player

Hi,

any tips on how to make Beyond Pod the default audio player started when bluetooth audio device sends "play" command?

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by krapula View Post
    Hi,

any tips on how to make Beyond Pod the default audio player started when bluetooth audio device sends "play" command?
    Hello,

In regards to BeyondPod listening, you can set "Default Audio/Video Player" to be either internal or external player by going to BeyondPod App>> Settings >> Player Settings >> "Default Audio/Video Player"

If you are looking for a default setting for your actual device player, that is something I am not sure of.

Android should auto-play the last used media player when compatible bluetooth is connected. Googe Play Music is a good example of this.

One of the reasons I stopped using BeyondPod is this feature was broken for me over 2 years ago and still hasn't been fixed.

I've never found an Android setting you can use, it just defaults to the last used. Is something else playing instead? I know GPM has a setting called "Allow external devices to start playback" that you can try unchecking if that keeps triggering, maybe it goes to the next in your list?

Hi,

thank you for the responses. It is exactly what phalkon30 was referring to. When I start playback from bluetooth device, Spotify almost always starts even if Beyond Pod was last active audio player.

Beyond Pod only starts if it was used within last minute or two. So it seems that Beyond Pod is not correctly registered as a media player if it is on the background.

Another thing I find quite annoying is that when BP is on the background for a while and you try to start playback, the first thing it does is starts loading feeds. This takes time and causes the app to hang (Android asks wait/kill?). Much smarter way would be to start the playback and then do the refresh bit later.

Anyway, because of these issues I am now looking for a replacement for BP. I would really rather not just use the Google app, because I dont like where that road leads.
    One must feature is that I need to be able to configure my own custom feeds, which are not syndicated anywhere.

Hi, I noticed the same thing too and I find it very annoying.

Last edited by avensis; 05-08-2020 at 03:38 PM.