Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 4.2.19 --> 4.2.18 downgrade was easier than I thought.

One more thing: sideloading prevents Android Auto from allowing it as a media source, for whatever reason. So if you care about that, use the command

pm install -i "com.android.vending" -r -d BeyondPod_4_2_18.apk

to tell the system to pretend that it was installed normally.

What is the "pm" command you referenced here? Or did you mean adb?

To confirm these steps worked perfectly:

- adb shell pm uninstall -k mobi.beyondpod
    - *reboot*
    - adb install -i "com.android.vending" -r -d BeyondPod_4_2_18.apk

I did get the INSTALL_FAILED_VERSION_DOWNGRADE error without the reboot.

Thanks so much. Definitely out of the beta program now. This has been quite a trip.

Thanks for the instructions on this - I've been able to get out of the beta and back to safety of 4.1.8

A big thanks from me as well - all worked smoothly.

I hope the developers get beyond 4.2.19 soon - it had some interesting new features, but was unusable beyond the short term as we all know.

Oh my god, this was so easy.

I downloaded ADB from here: https://www.xda-developers.com/insta...s-macos-linux/ , and extracted the zip file to my external hard drive G:

Just download the apk to the same folder as the adb file. In my case, it was G:\platform-tools. Follow the steps above, and don't forget to reboot between steps.

Some podcast thumbnails aren't displaying, but no big deal. I might clear the image cache if the next full update doesn't take care of it.

Quote Originally Posted by jjrussell View Post

- *reboot*

Thanks so much. Definitely out of the beta program now. This has been quite a trip.
    And thank you from me, these steps worked a treat to get my Android 7 running 4.2.18.

If you don't know what ADB is, or how to use it follow the below links in order:

download from here: https://developer.android.com/studio...orm-tools.html

There isn't actually anything to install. Unzip the file into a location that is easy to access from a command prompt. Once de-compressed, you can actually right-click on the address bar of the location of the file, in windows explorer, then select Copy from the drop down menu.
    Ensure you place the dloaded Beyondpod 4.2.18 into the same folder as the ADB files.

On Windows, run an elevated command prompt. Right Click on your Windows logo bottom right Corner of screen. Choose Command Prompt (Admin).

At the prompt type the following >"CD" now press CTRL & the V button
    This will change the active directory you are working from in CMD, to the one where your ADB command line files are stored.

---------------------CMD Line --------------------

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.14393]
    (c) 2016 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>

C:\Windows\system32>cd press CTRL and the V button

C:\Windows\system32>cd C:\Users\Xxxxx\Downloads\Android\ADB\platform-tools-latest-windows\platform-tools

C:\Users\Xxxxx\Downloads\Android\ADB\platform-tools-latest-windows\platform-tools>

Now you can cut and paste the above ADB command lines into CMD using the same technique as above.

- *reboot*

This worked for me. Thanks for the clear directions. I'm also out for now. I'll keep an eye out to see what the next release looks like to see if I'll join again.

- *reboot*

These steps work perfectly. One caveat though, if you use Windows PowerShell You will need to add a .\ in front of adb shell so "adb shell pm uninstall -k mobi.beyondpod" will have to become ".\adb shell pm uninstall -k mobi.beyondpod"
    The same thing for "adb install -i "com.android.vending" -r -d BeyondPod_4_2_18.apk" it will have to become ".\adb install -i "com.android.vending" -r -d BeyondPod_4_2_18.apk"

Thanks!

One last thing I found: Even after going back, there were no dates showing in the playlist. After digging through the settings, I found that "General Settings"/"Allow hiding of Read or Played" had been unset. Setting that turned that back on (the long text says it does, but the name of the setting wasn't at all what I expected to be looking for). Hope this helps someone, it's been bugging me for weeks.