Thread: Bluetooth Autoplay, et al

Bluetooth Autoplay, et al

I'll spare you the long version of how the beta wiped my playlist and disabled dark theme so I tried to go back to the stable playstore version and then deleted the whole thing and forgot I don't have a backup because I had to reset my phone a few months ago so I had to start my beyondpod experience from scratch (yes that was the short version)...

The biggest issue I'm having now is that whenever I start my car, beyondpod resumes playing over my bluetooth and I don't want it to. I have no idea how I had it set not to do that before, but I can't find a setting for it now. I'm on a Galaxy S8 if that has any bearing.

I also wish there was a setting to automatically backup the settings/playlist.

Thank you any and who can help!

Same goes for me.
    (1) Beyondpod starts playing automatically every time a bluetooth device connects.
    (2) Closing the app via Samsung S8 results in the file continuing to play. It does not actually shut down.

I *think* that autoplay is a setting in the car, not in BP. My car autoplays (I want it to) but my earbuds don't (no setting for it).

My car used to auto play (before the November Betas), but now it does not with BeyondPod.

It will auto play if Google Play Music was the last played, but not for BP.

If you find a setting for this, please let me know! I want to to auto play again, it's annoying that I have to get my phone out and wait for a connection then hit play. Would be faster to go back to a headphone cable.

I do agree with Dennis however, some devices request auto play and some do not. The behavior has definitely changed with BP versions of late though.

Not only is this happening to me, but it keeps trying to play it several times after I keep stopping it. The only way I've found to stop it is to clear the play list. It started doing the continuous restarting after the latest system update.