Thread: Also unable to save my podcasts to external SD. - Playlist clears constantly. - Them

Also unable to save my podcasts to external SD. - Playlist clears constantly. - Them

Hi...

I am really frustrated with the issues with this podcast player.

1) I can not subscribe to new podcasts, and my player crashes when I try.

2) My playlist clears when the last podcast on the list is played. I like to skip around on my playlist and this is really frustrating.

Settings -
    Playlist Settings
    When Playlist Ends
    - Do Nothing is selected

My playlist should not be clearing itself

3) The Theme does not change

Whether I select "Dark" theme or "Light" theme it looks the same. There is no change.

4) I can not save to my SD card, meaning my internal storage is filling up.

Any fixes soon?

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Nimrodeleth View Post
    Hi...

I am really frustrated with the issues with this podcast player.

1) I can not subscribe to new podcasts, and my player crashes when I try.

2) My playlist clears when the last podcast on the list is played. I like to skip around on my playlist and this is really frustrating.

Settings -
    Playlist Settings
    When Playlist Ends
    - Do Nothing is selected

My playlist should not be clearing itself

3) The Theme does not change

Whether I select "Dark" theme or "Light" theme it looks the same. There is no change.

4) I can not save to my SD card, meaning my internal storage is filling up.

Any fixes soon?
    Hello,

We are aware of those issues and developers have made fixes for those issues. The new beta release with these fixes included are currently finishing up testing and the new release should hopefully be made available soon. I unfortunately do not have a date of when the new version will be released but as soon as I hear from development when that will be happening, I will inform the users. Thank you for your patience and I apologize for the inconvenience!

There's no date. They're lying to you. It's been nearly three months. They aren't working on it. Period. There is no patience left.

Please stop shoveling their crap, I have a feeling you're better than this. If you're being paid as a community liaison then that's fine, but stop passing their lies on to us as if they're gospel. It's not happening, because it's been 3 months since they broke the program and literally the ONLY THING WE HAVE HEARD is you saying "they're working on it!"

No, they aren't. If they are, then prove it, which you've been asked to do constantly for the past three months. You can't, because they aren't.

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Golbez View Post
    There's no date. They're lying to you. It's been nearly three months. They aren't working on it. Period. There is no patience left.

Please stop shoveling their crap, I have a feeling you're better than this. If you're being paid as a community liaison then that's fine, but stop passing their lies on to us as if they're gospel. It's not happening, because it's been 3 months since they broke the program and literally the ONLY THING WE HAVE HEARD is you saying "they're working on it!"

No, they aren't. If they are, then prove it, which you've been asked to do constantly for the past three months. You can't, because they aren't.
    Golbez,

I assure you it is and has been this whole time worked on. I actually had requested to be a part of the testing and I have tested the new beta they have produced myself. They are being thorough though as there was such a mess up this past time.

The next step is to release the new beta to a handful of volunteer beta users that would like to use and test the new version and then releasing to the full public from there. (This version is planned to become the new production version as well assuming all is well when released as a beta first.)

I can tell you for a fact though that work has been done this whole time and that the fixes have been made as I have personally used the new, fixed version myself on my own devices. I agree it should not have taken this long to get it out to the public but they are making sure everything is working properly before this is passed along again to the users.

Quote Originally Posted by kimw View Post
    golbez,

i assure you it is and has been this whole time worked on. I actually had requested to be a part of the testing and i have tested the new beta they have produced myself. They are being thorough though as there was such a mess up this past time.

The next step is to release the new beta to a handful of volunteer beta users that would like to use and test the new version and then releasing to the full public from there. (this version is planned to become the new production version as well assuming all is well when released as a beta first.)

i can tell you for a fact though that work has been done this whole time and that the fixes have been made as i have personally used the new, fixed version myself on my own devices. I agree it should not have taken this long to get it out to the public but they are making sure everything is working properly before this is passed along again to the users.
    i would like to volunteer to test the new beta!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BeyondPod Team
    Hello All,

We are looking for about 20 volunteers that are willing to test and provide feedback on the newest beta 4.2.21. At this time, we are only interested in bugs. We can take feature requests once we’ve verified we have a solid build and even then, those feature requests will be worked on in future releases.

If you are interested in being a volunteer, please let me know and I will private message you information and a link to get the 4.2.21 beta version.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by KimW View Post
    Golbez,

I assure you it is and has been this whole time worked on. I actually had requested to be a part of the testing and I have tested the new beta they have produced myself. They are being thorough though as there was such a mess up this past time.

The next step is to release the new beta to a handful of volunteer beta users that would like to use and test the new version and then releasing to the full public from there. (This version is planned to become the new production version as well assuming all is well when released as a beta first.)

I can tell you for a fact though that work has been done this whole time and that the fixes have been made as I have personally used the new, fixed version myself on my own devices. I agree it should not have taken this long to get it out to the public but they are making sure everything is working properly before this is passed along again to the users.
    Fair enough - I see that a new beta has been worked on. I'm big enough to admit when I was wrong, and I apologize. However: the fact that it took 3 months, and the fact that the link to .19 IS STILL THERE, betrays a gross lack of accountability and caring for the users.