Thread: Stopped downloading all podcasts (due to chg of new SD card?)

Stopped downloading all podcasts (due to chg of new SD card?)

Hi, can't figure out why but all my downloads have stopped. Seems to have happened around the same time I upgraded my 32GB MicroSD card to 64GB. I copied everything "as is" over to that new card and everything else (all other apps) seem to work fine. BeyondPOD goes through the download process but says none to download (I know there are new ones). Do I have to reload BeyondPOD or clear cache or ??? I have a Samsung Note 2 running the latest Android for it (not jail broke or whatever). Again, only thing I can see or understand that changed was the upgrade of the microSD card. Any thoughts? Suggestions? I don't want to go through the process of re-loading the app and re-selecting all my podcast feeds and settings if I don't have to.

Thank you advance,
    Scott

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    Quote Originally Posted by ScotManG View Post
    Hi, can't figure out why but all my downloads have stopped. Seems to have happened around the same time I upgraded my 32GB MicroSD card to 64GB. I copied everything "as is" over to that new card and everything else (all other apps) seem to work fine. BeyondPOD goes through the download process but says none to download (I know there are new ones). Do I have to reload BeyondPOD or clear cache or ??? I have a Samsung Note 2 running the latest Android for it (not jail broke or whatever). Again, only thing I can see or understand that changed was the upgrade of the microSD card. Any thoughts? Suggestions? I don't want to go through the process of re-loading the app and re-selecting all my podcast feeds and settings if I don't have to.

Thank you advance,
    Scott
    The path to an SD card has included a unique ID for quite some time (since Lollipop / Marshmallow?), so my guess is that BP is still trying to write to the path to your old card without checking to see whether you have a new SD card in its place. You can probably get it to recognise the new card by pretending to move your files to internal storage (although it's a while since I've used BP, so I can't remember the details of what to expect).