Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Need Volunteers to test new beta v4.2.21

I just tried again and it didn't work. Might be a problem on my end but I'm not sure why. I tried downloading on mobile and from my desktop. Tried installing directly from Firefox (mobile) and two different file managers. I tried restarting my phone just to be sure but still no success.

And I just installed a random APK from APKMirror and it installed just fine. No idea what's going on here.

E: I just installed .24 without any problems. So the problem is definitely with the .25 APK.
    Last edited by BubiBalboa; 03-21-2018 at 06:38 AM.

BeyondPod Team
    Hello All,

The newest beta release is available now through our BeyondPod Beta Channel (v4.2.25). You can download it here: http://www.beyondpod.mobi/Android/BETA/

We will be releasing it to the Google Play store soon but for now, it is available on our Beta Channel. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by KimW View Post
    Hello All,

The newest beta release is available now through our BeyondPod Beta Channel (v4.2.25). You can download it here: http://www.beyondpod.mobi/Android/BETA/

We will be releasing it to the Google Play store soon but for now, it is available on our Beta Channel. Thank you.
    The app isn't compatible with your phone

Moto G4 Plus running Android 7.0
    I'm currently running 4.2.22 btw...

Hi,
    I installed 4.2.25 on my LG G6 last night. Videos display as blank and wouldn't play. Would lock the program until it timed out.

installed v4.2.25 and some of the issues i reported are still present:

• Update SmartPlay doesn't work anywhere I can find to initiate it - neither from the widget popup menu 'Update Default SmartPlay' option nor in the SmartPlay menu 'Update Feeds' option.
    • When casting to a speaker, playback will stop shortly after hitting the play button (from the widget, notification, or the player inside the app). Pressing play a second time usually keeps the stream going. The notifications icons in the notification bar shift around when the pause happens so something may be happening in the background when this occurs.
    • When casting to a speaker, playback will always stop when I open the Sonos app, both directly and when I use the Sonos notification to adjust volume.
      • Playback does not appear to be affected by opening the Google Home app and adjusting the Cast device in use.
      • It is also not affected when adjusting the volume for either the BeyondPod channel or the Sonos channel in the volume adjustment controls (initiated via the physical volume button).
    • In the widget, the casting status message is in all caps. Can you switch to mixed case as the rest of the text display does as it is more pleasing to look at?
    • In the widget, can you add a toggle button plus indicator of the playback speed if the option is enabled similar to the one used in the display in Android Auto?
    • BeyondPod no longer appears as a media player option in Android Auto. This may be due to the fact this beta was side loaded and not from the Google Play Store.

otherwise, definitely an improvement.

Android Auto Support?
    BP used to work as a media player in Android Auto, but in .18 (and perhaps earlier), it stopped working.
    I just installed .25 (thank you, BTW!), and it also does not appear to work with Android Auto.

Am I missing something?

Can confirm these issues still exist in 4.2.25. I believe they are both specific to Android Oreo:

#1 - UPDATE_CATEGORY command causes BeyondPod to crash. Here is the stack trace:

3/21/18 11:18:27 PM: BeyondPodApplication (4.2.25) - !!! Unhandled exception !!! reason: [ android.app.RemoteServiceException ] Context.startForegroundService() did not then call Service.startForeground()android.app.RemoteService Exception: Context.startForegroundService() did not then call Service.startForeground()
    at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(Activit yThread.java:1768)
    at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:10 6)
    at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:164)
    at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.jav a:6494)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
    at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsC aller.run(RuntimeInit.java:438)
    at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit .java:807)

#2 - Home screen widget does not work when the app is not actively running. Pressing the play button on the widget does nothing.

Hey Kim
    I've waited with everyone else to get the new beta but when I install it says incompatible. My phone is on 7.1 will this beta work on non Oreo devices o have Motorola vanilla nougat updates last night. Please advise as current .19 beta is non function
    Thank in advance I am in Google play beta user is this.24 or .26 available. Can you send me apk link?

Will.

Quote Originally Posted by SHKaminski View Post
    Android Auto Support?
    BP used to work as a media player in Android Auto, but in .18 (and perhaps earlier), it stopped working.
    I just installed .25 (thank you, BTW!), and it also does not appear to work with Android Auto.

Am I missing something?
    AA will only use media apps installed via the play store. If you sideload the BP beta, AA won't use it. There's a way to "trick" things so it looks like it came from the play store, however:
    https://www.xda-developers.com/psa-s...o-heres-a-fix/

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by duckman View Post
    The app isn't compatible with your phone

Moto G4 Plus running Android 7.0
    I'm currently running 4.2.22 btw...
    Hello,

We have only a few reports of users unable to install. It seems to be certain devices. Development is aware and is trying to figure out why certain devices are having issues. I will get back with you when I have an update. Thank you!