Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Need Volunteers to test new beta v4.2.21

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by itowill View Post
    Hey Kim
    I've waited with everyone else to get the new beta but when I install it says incompatible. My phone is on 7.1 will this beta work on non Oreo devices o have Motorola vanilla nougat updates last night. Please advise as current .19 beta is non function
    Thank in advance I am in Google play beta user is this.24 or .26 available. Can you send me apk link?

Will.
    Hello Will,

Yes, this beta works on other Android versions other than Oreo. We have only a few reports of users unable to install. It seems to be certain devices. Development is aware and is trying to figure out why certain devices are having issues. I will get back with you when I have an update. Thank you!

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by HCpE View Post
    Hi,
    I installed 4.2.25 on my LG G6 last night. Videos display as blank and wouldn't play. Would lock the program until it timed out.
    Hello,

I have sent you a private message to collect some more information. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetah View Post
    AA will only use media apps installed via the play store. If you sideload the BP beta, AA won't use it. There's a way to "trick" things so it looks like it came from the play store, however:
    https://www.xda-developers.com/psa-s...o-heres-a-fix/
    Thank you! This trick worked with .25. I'll keep the link for future reference.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Can confirm these issues still exist in 4.2.25. I believe they are both specific to Android Oreo:

#1 - UPDATE_CATEGORY command causes BeyondPod to crash.

#2 - Home screen widget does not work when the app is not actively running. Pressing the play button on the widget does nothing.
    Strange updated to. 25 and as a coincidence got Oreo updated on on my S8 this evening. #1 seems to work ok for me (long hold on category name, press 'update [category name]' - just does feeds in that category, doesn't crash.)
    #2 i confirm if the app is closed the widget doesn't respond, app open and it works fine. So this is an issue for me.

Quote Originally Posted by simonlant View Post
    Strange updated to. 25 and as a coincidence got Oreo updated on on my S8 this evening. #1 seems to work ok for me (long hold on category name, press 'update [category name]' - just does feeds in that category, doesn't crash.)
    #2 i confirm if the app is closed the widget doesn't respond, app open and it works fine. So this is an issue for me.
    For #1 I'm referring to the UPDATE_CATEGORY API command http://www.beyondpod.mobi/android/help/FAQAPIs.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    For #1 I'm referring to the UPDATE_CATEGORY API command http://www.beyondpod.mobi/android/help/FAQAPIs.htm
    Thanks for clarity Marc, I didn't know that functionality was there!