Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Need Volunteers to test new beta v4.2.21

some comments and issues noticed in the latest 4.2.22 beta version - hopefully can be addressed in reportedly announced version soon to be released:

Note: All below are on a Pixel 2 XL with Android 8.1 and March security update.

- In the main app Player, the skip-to-next episode button is unresponsive. It works in the mini-player in the notifications and the widget but not in the player in the main application.
    - Update SmartPlay doesn't work anywhere I normally initiate it; neither from the widget popup menu 'Update Default SmartPlay' option nor in the SmartPlay menu 'Update Feeds' option. Nothing happens.
    - Widget no longer has a transparent background option. I can't remember if it was an option before but it is solid black now and previously had a slightly transparent background.
    - When casting to a speaker, playback will stop shortly after hitting the play button; this is true from the widget, notification, or the player inside the app. Pressing play a second time usually keeps the stream going.
    - When casting to a speaker, playback will always stop when I open the Sonos app, both directly and when I use the Sonos notification to adjust volume.
    - Once again, related to previous issue above, playback will stop again seconds after starting and a second press of the play button will usually keep the stream going.
    - Playback does not appear to be affected by opening the Google Home app and adjusting the Cast device in use.
    - It is also not affected when adjusting the volume for either the BeyondPod channel or the Sonos channel in the volume adjustment controls (initiated via the physical volume button).
    - In the widget, the casting status message is in all caps. Can you switch to mixed case as the rest of the text display does as it is more pleasing to look at?
    - In the widget, can you add a toggle button plus indicator of the playback speed if the option is enabled similar to the one used in the display in Android Auto?
    - BeyondPod no longer appears as a media player option in Android Auto. This may be due to the fact this beta was side loaded and not from the Google Play Store.

I hope this all helps for the pending release.

BeyondPod Team
    Hello All,

We have had some wonderful volunteer users testing the latest builds. There were some bugs that needed to be addressed that set our intended public release date back. This current build being tested is looking great and development plans to release to the public by Wednesday. If anything changes I will let you all know. Thank you!

can anyone confirm if this beta worked with 8.1? The version that claimed it fixed compatibility for 8.0 was still broken on 8.1, have been unable to use the app at all, regardless of working from a backup or scratch.

Having the error displayed below on .22 now. I have 3 smartplay playlists, the "favorite" feed is able to play but the other two are not. When I tap on them I get this error and it jumps to my favorite playlist.

No changes to my system, I guess the only thing I changed over the weekend was to remove facebook from the device. I've restarted several times.

If you'd like a log Kim, let me know and I'll email you one.

Screenshot_20180316-223232.jpg

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by phalkon30 View Post
    Having the error displayed below on .22 now. I have 3 smartplay playlists, the "favorite" feed is able to play but the other two are not. When I tap on them I get this error and it jumps to my favorite playlist.

No changes to my system, I guess the only thing I changed over the weekend was to remove facebook from the device. I've restarted several times.

If you'd like a log Kim, let me know and I'll email you one.

Screenshot_20180316-223232.jpg
    Hello,

There have been additional fixes made since v 4.2.22. The latest build is looking great and expected to be released by Wednesday. Thank you.

Edit #3: Ignore everything I said today, my default player in settings had gotten toggled to external application. Put it back to internal player, and NO issues!

It even starts playing when my car starts again! I have zero issues with the .24 release, it's back to what .18 used to be and works with all my feeds again. Thanks for taking all our crap Kim, now let's get this thing out there
    Last edited by phalkon30; 03-19-2018 at 11:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by msw141 View Post
    can anyone confirm if this beta worked with 8.1? The version that claimed it fixed compatibility for 8.0 was still broken on 8.1, have been unable to use the app at all, regardless of working from a backup or scratch.
    Has anyone else had any luck on 8.1? Love my new phone but miss beyondpod something awful. Already on the beta stream with google. Already on .19 (Phone Pixel 2 XL)

Quote Originally Posted by wholly View Post
    Has anyone else had any luck on 8.1? Love my new phone but miss beyondpod something awful. Already on the beta stream with google. Already on .19 (Phone Pixel 2 XL)
    Yes, the latest private beta (.24, not on play store beta page) is working great on my Nexus 6P running stock 8.1

The .19 beta is an absolute mess and should have been pulled months ago, but try to hold out for a few more days.

Version .25 for which I got a notification in-app, does not install. I'm on .22. I tried redownloading but this version fails as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BubiBalboa View Post
    Version .25 for which I got a notification in-app, does not install. I'm on .22. I tried redownloading but this version fails as well.
    i downloaded .25 off the website and it installed for me. seems to have fixed all the issues so far.