Thread: beyondpod lost everything, all subs+eps gone, can't see BP folder on microSD

beyondpod lost everything, all subs+eps gone, can't see BP folder on microSD

Phone is a Samsung Galaxy S5, phone and Beyondpod app were fully up to date. I opened up BP and everything was gone - all subs, all episodes. All episodes and the autobackups are still saved on the microSD but I can't figure out how get BP to see or recover these.

I backed the folder up to my laptop, made sure there wasn't a BP folder on the internal drive, uninstalled BP, wiped local cache, wiped cache partition, then reinstalled BP.

I've tried changing the default podcast download folder under General Settings to the old one, and changing the episode download path + lock to current path in Advanced settings and still can't recover anything.

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by fullspeedintothesun View Post
    Phone is a Samsung Galaxy S5, phone and Beyondpod app were fully up to date. I opened up BP and everything was gone - all subs, all episodes. All episodes and the autobackups are still saved on the microSD but I can't figure out how get BP to see or recover these.

I backed the folder up to my laptop, made sure there wasn't a BP folder on the internal drive, uninstalled BP, wiped local cache, wiped cache partition, then reinstalled BP.

I've tried changing the default podcast download folder under General Settings to the old one, and changing the episode download path + lock to current path in Advanced settings and still can't recover anything.
    Hello,

Have you tried emailing your backup on your laptop to yourself? And then click on the attached file and request it be opened using BeyondPod on your mobile device?

You also probably want to make sure you are doing a "backup" in the BP app itself so that it will save subscriptions and settings (not episodes though) just in case you needed to restore those things. (Settings>>Backup and Restore>>Backup)