Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Beta Version 4.2.28 is now available!

Notification persists as long as something is in the playlist. Can't swipe it away. Only way I can get rid of it is Force Close.

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingcrimson View Post
    Notification persists as long as something is in the playlist. Can't swipe it away. Only way I can get rid of it is Force Close.
    Hello,

What notification is stuck for you? Can you please provide more detail of the issue you are having. Thank you.

Screenshot_20180330-103659.jpg

Not sure what to call it.

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Timsroot View Post
    When I try to fast forward from the notifications tray, the notification goes away.
    Hello,

The tray disappears when you fast forward a few seconds? Or to the end of the episode? Can you give some more details please?

After this update I cannot play any podcast

It goes away if I hut play, then pause, then back out and swipe away the now playing notification.

Comes back as soon as I start BP again.

4.2.28 is incredibly slow for me. Running on Pure Nexus 7.1.1 on a Nexus 6. Everything is slow. Everything. The app eventually responds but it is like it is running in molasses. Tried restarting the phone.

Can confirm. It's pretty slow in some situations. And the whole notification stuff needs work. It's behaving very weird.

4.2.28 still has the bug where the home screen widget does not work on Android Oreo if BeyondPod is currently running. I run into the bug less often in 4.2.28, I believe because it is harder for BeyondPod to be removed from memory due to all the foreground notifications which BP adds (which is an entirely different problem). However, if I have no current BP notifications, and it's been a while since I've used BP (meaning it has likely been removed from memory), the buttons on the home screen do not function.

Disabling Doze for BP seems to fix the issue, so it seems like it may be a bug associated with making the widget work properly with Doze.

Yes, if I fast forward a few seconds, the notification disappears from the system tray.

Also, I've noticed that the widget doesn't seem to do anything most of the time.