Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Beta Version 4.2.28 is now available!

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark oulaghan View Post
    After this update I cannot play any podcast
    Hello,

What device and version of Android are you using? Are there any messages popping up when you try and play episodes? Are you able to download episodes but just not play them? Can you please give more details?

The BP notification title gets separated from the notification body (the player controls). I've been noticing this and finally figured out quite what is going on.

Here's a simple case (on Oreo): start something playing. With BP still in front, pull down the notifications. Touch the Pause button in the BP notification. The player controls disappear from the notification, but the title is still there. In fact, a new notification has been created that has no title but does have the player controls. If you switch to another app, eventually the notification with just the title goes away, and the player controls move to the top, still title-less. Switch back to BP and the title-only notification reappears.

Here are some examples:

Screenshot_20180402-113323.jpg
    Screenshot_20180402-113648.jpg
    Screenshot_20180402-114006.jpg

I have a bug with episode names.

Once downloaded the episode name becomes the podcast name plus a series of numbers and not the episode name. This is present in my episodes and in the playlist. However if I change my view to all published the correct name is displayed.

Quote Originally Posted by dlynch View Post
    The BP notification title gets separated from the notification body (the player controls). I've been noticing this and finally figured out quite what is going on.

Here's a simple case (on Oreo): start something playing. With BP still in front, pull down the notifications. Touch the Pause button in the BP notification. The player controls disappear from the notification, but the title is still there. In fact, a new notification has been created that has no title but does have the player controls. If you switch to another app, eventually the notification with just the title goes away, and the player controls move to the top, still title-less. Switch back to BP and the title-only notification reappears.

Here are some examples:

Screenshot_20180402-113323.jpg
    Screenshot_20180402-113648.jpg
    Screenshot_20180402-114006.jpg
    I'm finding a similar issue since updating to .28 yesterday (Oreo 8.1 March patch). It's honestly hard to describe, but there are typically two BP icons in my notification tray, one with the controls and one without. This is a different behavior since .25

Sometimes after pausing and putting BP in the background I lose player controls, sometimes they stay. Sometimes I get a persistent notification that only goes away on reboot.

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by phalkon30 View Post
    I'm finding a similar issue since updating to .28 yesterday (Oreo 8.1 March patch). It's honestly hard to describe, but there are typically two BP icons in my notification tray, one with the controls and one without. This is a different behavior since .25

Sometimes after pausing and putting BP in the background I lose player controls, sometimes they stay. Sometimes I get a persistent notification that only goes away on reboot.
    The developers are aware of this issue already and are creating a fix.

The newest update seems to have fixed the weird notification behavior. Great!

With the .30 update the notification behaves sensibly, but it's still not right: now the notification never includes the name of the application, like all other notifications do.

One other thing that's been adjusted is worse than before all these updates: before, with the normal theme, the Cast icon was always white, like all the other things that appear in the top bar. Now it's sometimes white, sometimes black (in the episode list screen) and sometimes green (when casting is active). In all other apps (and in the episode screen) the Cast control is filled in when casting is active, without changing color. It would be better to stick with that convention.

Finally there's the crash I reported when I try to access an episode's details from the All Episodes list. It's still there. My guess is that the problem is just the number of episodes in that list (over 2200 currently). If I filter the list down, the crash doesn't happen. BTW - what I mean by "crash": when I touch an episode in the list, BeyondPod instantly disappears. When I bring it up again, the app goes through the Loading episodes... step.

The "crash" described above is also present in 4.2.18 so it's not new. I've got about 3.500 episodes in my all feeds list and BP crashes after hanging for a while. I'm on Oreo 8.0.

I ended up removing 4.2.28, and went back to 4.1.18, the latest public release. That worked flawlessly. I then tried a few early 4.2 betas which also worked. Until I hit 4.2.28 which again was sloooooooow. Time progress skipped 5 seconds between updates. Rotating the phone (redrawing the screen) was slooooooow. Uninstalled .28 and tried .29 (worked), and is now running 4.2.30 without problems.

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by dlynch View Post
    With the .30 update the notification behaves sensibly, but it's still not right: now the notification never includes the name of the application, like all other notifications do.

One other thing that's been adjusted is worse than before all these updates: before, with the normal theme, the Cast icon was always white, like all the other things that appear in the top bar. Now it's sometimes white, sometimes black (in the episode list screen) and sometimes green (when casting is active). In all other apps (and in the episode screen) the Cast control is filled in when casting is active, without changing color. It would be better to stick with that convention.

Finally there's the crash I reported when I try to access an episode's details from the All Episodes list. It's still there. My guess is that the problem is just the number of episodes in that list (over 2200 currently). If I filter the list down, the crash doesn't happen. BTW - what I mean by "crash": when I touch an episode in the list, BeyondPod instantly disappears. When I bring it up again, the app goes through the Loading episodes... step.
    For the Chromecast coloring, that is controlled by Google so our developers overwrote some code to make the colors change when casting to Green due to you stating it did not change color at all before. Our developers can't control the coloring too much as that is set by Google and out of their hands but they did try and help distinguish a bit more by overwriting the colors the best they could with Google's current codes.

Thank you for the extra details about your episode details issue. I will pass this new information along.