Thread: Android Auto: Feed Only Shows First Several & Playlists Getting Trashed

Android Auto: Feed Only Shows First Several & Playlists Getting Trashed

I just purchased a Honda CR-V so is my first real use of Android Auto with Beyondpod.

History: Because of issues with earlier versions and inability to add virtual folders for audio books I wanted to listen to, I have ended up using the Betas, now installed v4.2.21.
    Samsung Galaxy phone just updated to Android Oreo.

There are 2 dealbreakers for me with BeyondPod right now: When I try to change feeds in the Android Auto interface, I can only see ones that start with the letters A - F.
    I can't select any other feeds unless I disconnect the phone, start a podcast in another feed then reconnect.
    2018-03-29 10.29.41.jpg

But, even more annoying: Whenever I start listening to a podcast in a feed different than the one I am currently in, it clears my Playlist and adds ALL of the downloaded episodes in the newly selected podcast to the Playlist.
    ARGH. I keep trying to set up 3 or 4 podcasts to listen to on a particular commute. When the first one is complete and I start playing the next one - BAM playlist is cleared I end up with several from the same podcast.
    Super annoying and pretty much makes BP unusable at this point.

For the record, in Playlist settings I have unchecked the "Automatic Playlist" box (description: "Automatically creates a new playlist starting with selected episode") hoping that would stop the madness, but no joy.

I see similar reports here in the forum on this last problem, but no real workaround - anyone have a tip? I have loved using BeyondPod for several years now, but this is going to make me jump ship.

Android Auto: Feed Only Shows First Several & Playlists Getting Trashed

(After my previous attempt at posting this the thread has disappeared. Trying again.)

I just purchased a Honda CR-V so is my first real use of Android Auto with Beyondpod.

History: Because of issues with earlier versions and inability to add virtual folders for audio books I wanted to listen to, I have ended up using the Betas, now installed v4.2.21.

There are 2 dealbreakers for me with BeyondPod right now: When I try to change feeds in the Android Auto interface, I can only see ones that start with the letters A - F.
    I can't select any other feeds unless I disconnect the phone, start a podcast in another feed then reconnect.
    2018-03-29 10.29.41.jpg

But, even more annoying: Whenever I start listening to a podcast in a feed different than the one I am currently in, it clears my Playlist and adds ALL of the downloaded episodes in the newly selected podcast to the Playlist.
    ARGH. I keep trying to set up 3 or 4 podcasts to listen to on a particular commute. When the first one is complete and I start playing the next one - BAM playlist is cleared I end up with several from the same podcast.

For the record, in Playlist settings I have unchecked the "Automatic Playlist" box (description: "Automatically creates a new playlist starting with selected episode") hoping that would stop the madness, but no joy.

I see similar reports here in the forum on this last problem, but no real workaround - anyone have a tip? I have loved using BeyondPod for several years now, but this is going to make me jump ship.

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by JJT View Post
    (After my previous attempt at posting this the thread has disappeared. Trying again.)

2018-03-29 10.29.41.jpg

Please try updating to the latest BETA version which is 4.2.28. There have been multiple fixes since v4.2.21. The newest version can be found in the Google Play Store.