Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Unable to update feeds due to "Expected ':status' header not present error

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    7

    Unable to update feeds due to "Expected ':status' header not present error

    Good morning! I believe that this has been reported however in my installation of BeyondPod on my Google Pixel I am unable to download new entries from several feeds. Example failing feeds include "BBC History Extra" and "Star Wars Minute". The error is the same from both feeds .... "Reason to fail: ProtocolException - Expected ':status' header not present".

    Versions are as follows:
    BeyondPod 4.2.16m
    DEVICE: Google Pixel (Sailfish) with Android 8.1.0

    Thank you!
    Last edited by itchyrichy; 03-18-2018 at 06:19 PM.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    1
    I'm having the same issue with a number of my podcasts as well. Mine include "Lovett or Leave it", "The Economist All Audio" and some of my The Ringer podcasts (The Bill Simmons Podcast, Channel 33, The Watch). I managed to download these with another podcast app.

    Sometimes I will get the "Reason to fail: ProtocolException - Expected ':status' header not present" error and sometimes "Some episodes failed to download! Please try again later".

    BeyondPod: v4.2.16
    Pixel 2 XL with Android 8.1.0

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    1
    Same problem here Pixel 2 Android 8.1.0

    Beyond Pod 4.2.16.

  4. #4
    BeyondPod Team
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    US
    Posts
    844
    Hello,

    Thank you for reporting this. There has been a new build that is currently being tested and is expected to be released by Wednesday. This build includes fixes for some outdated compatibility issues with the latest Android versions. The new build has been tested with Pixels devices and the latest Android version and the issues are fixed.

    Thank you for your patience and we will have an updated BP version for you very soon!

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by KimW View Post
    Hello,

    Thank you for reporting this. There has been a new build that is currently being tested and is expected to be released by Wednesday. This build includes fixes for some outdated compatibility issues with the latest Android versions. The new build has been tested with Pixels devices and the latest Android version and the issues are fixed.

    Thank you for your patience and we will have an updated BP version for you very soon!
    Thanks very much! This is my most heavily used app on my phone - I really enjoy using it!

  6. #6
    BeyondPod Team
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    US
    Posts
    844
    Quote Originally Posted by itchyrichy View Post
    Thanks very much! This is my most heavily used app on my phone - I really enjoy using it!
    I'm glad you enjoy BeyondPod!

    I wanted to clarify that the public release we are planning for Wednesday is a beta release, not production. BUT assuming the public beta release does not have any serious issues, we will then be pushing that to production as we are aware that an update is long overdue. We expect this release to go well though so it shouldn't be to too far off to get this build over to production.

    I just wanted to clarify that so I didn't mislead you.

    Thank you!

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    7
    Hi Kim - yes that is fine. I look forward to testing the beta when it is released. Thanks again!

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    1
    I am having this same issue when downloading episodes of the IRL podcast from Mozilla. I'm using BeyondPod 4.2.16 on Android 7.1.1. Excellent to know a fix is already in the works an will probably be available soon. I'll see whether I can help test the new version as beta user.

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    2
    This issue just started for me after the update. I am now unable to update my feed and receive the - Unable to update feeds due to "Expected ':status' header not present error. Using the Pixel 2 XL.
    Last edited by forpar; 03-29-2018 at 06:40 PM.

  10. #10
    BeyondPod Team
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    US
    Posts
    844
    Quote Originally Posted by forpar View Post
    This issue just started for me after the update. I am now unable to update my feed and receive the - Unable to update feeds due to "Expected ':status' header not present error. Using the Pixel 2 XL.
    Hello,
    You are on BP v4.2.28 and having this issue? What is the feed name you are having issues with?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •