Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: EpisodeSync Mostly Not Working

EpisodeSync Mostly Not Working

I am happy that we have a new version of BeyondPod (4.2.28) and I hope that the developers continue to fix bugs and enhance it very regularly.

I would like to switch back to BeyondPod as my sole podcast application but there is still one major annoyance preventing me from doing that: EpisodeSync doesn't work. I got it to work once but since then it tries but doesn't do anything. The log says "Sync failed! Service error: -1, No value for type." This message is repeated every few minutes. Both of my devices are experiencing the same issue. I turned off and on the feature. Logged out and back into my account. Neither of these two steps made a difference. I tried to force a sync by changing feed contents and play position of an episode but it doesn't seem to trigger a synchronization. There is no longer any way to force a manual synchronization. Hopefully this bug will get fixed next because synchronizing episodes and play positions is an extremely valuable function.

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by milliman View Post
    I am happy that we have a new version of BeyondPod (4.2.28) and I hope that the developers continue to fix bugs and enhance it very regularly.

I would like to switch back to BeyondPod as my sole podcast application but there is still one major annoyance preventing me from doing that: EpisodeSync doesn't work. I got it to work once but since then it tries but doesn't do anything. The log says "Sync failed! Service error: -1, No value for type." This message is repeated every few minutes. Both of my devices are experiencing the same issue. I turned off and on the feature. Logged out and back into my account. Neither of these two steps made a difference. I tried to force a sync by changing feed contents and play position of an episode but it doesn't seem to trigger a synchronization. There is no longer any way to force a manual synchronization. Hopefully this bug will get fixed next because synchronizing episodes and play positions is an extremely valuable function.
    Hello,

I am going to have you send your logs in so I can pass those to the developers to be looked at. I will private message you with where to send those to.

I'm having this same problem on 4.2.30. I seem to be able to sync one way once if I log out of episode sync and then log back in. I can send logs if you like.

I'm wondering about this, I have version 4.2.18 on another device. If I only sync 4.2.30 a few times that seems to work fine. As soon as the 4.2.18 device syncs then thee 4.2.30 stops syncing. Maybe this is the problem, incompatible versions during sync? I'm going to update my other device to 4.2.30 and see what happens.

Tried it, doesn't seem to help. Now both devices are at version 4.2.30. one syncs without errors, the other always gets the Server error -1, No value for type. If I log out of the device that gets the error and then log back in then that device can sync and the other gets the Server error -1.

EpisodeSync since 4.2.18

I have not had episode sync work since 4.2.18. Currently using 4.2.30 on both my LG G6 and my HP Touchpad running Dirty Unicorns Oreo 8.1. I consistently get "sync failed! Service Error: -1, no value for type."

Sync has worked fine for me on my 6P running 8.1 Oreo and my S5 running LOS 14.1 on every beta between .18 and .30, it shows as having synced yesterday in fact.

I tried to look at the logs, but in .30 it says that no log file exists (which looks like a bug to me). Maybe try logging out and logging in again?

Thanks for looking! I'm not sure what the issue is. But would be nice to know what "sync failed! Service Error: -1, no value for type." It is actively trying to sync, but eventually times out. I have logged out and back in again as well. When I had one device with .18 and another with .27, the .27 device would pull from sync from .18, but would not post it's changes.

I'll be honest, after reading the other thread on this topic I'm questioning if my other device is actually syncing (it's at home, rarely used). My main device does not error, I'll try and remember to check if the other device does now that it's updated to .30

I'm getting the same "Sync failed! Service error: -1 No value for type" error using BeyondPod 4.2.30 on both my Google Pixel on Android 8.1.0 and my Acer B3-A20 on Android 5.1.