Thread: Changing internal download location

Changing internal download location

Hello

I'm trying to change the location of where BeyondPod downloads my podcasts to, on the internal memory of the phone. All the advice seems to relate about moving to and from an SD card - I don't have an SD card on my phone.

I'm trying to get the podcasts into the device's default podcast location so that Sonos will pick them up - this should be /storage/emulated/0/podcasts. By default BeyondPod uses /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/mobi.beyondpod etc.

In the General Settings, the "Podcast Download Folder" bit is greyed out initially.

So I went into Advanced Settings - Episode Download Path and manually entered (by the by, a browse feature here would be nice) - /storage/emulated/0/podcasts . BeyondPod doesn't like this and throws up an error something to do with read only or location doesn't exist. So I try again with a "/" at the end of the path, so - /storage/emulated/0/podcasts/ - and it accepts it. Then it throws up a message about moving the podcasts, restarts, but then when I go to look where they are, they are now in a new folder in /storage/emulated/0/BeyondPod/Podcasts, which Sonos doesn't pick up.

What am I doing wrong? What have I missed? And why is this so difficult?

Thanks

Edit - forgot to say, this is on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
    Last edited by QuickJim; 07-28-2018 at 09:22 AM.

I think you have to need to reset all the settings.
    Website Development Company in Nagpur | Digital Marketing Company in Nagpur