Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Podcast description not showing correctly

Episode downloads named with filename rather than meta data

The downloaded episodes in beyond pod are named with the filename (or something) usually strings of numbers like dates rather than the meta data title.

When I change the view to all episodes, they look fine, just not when only viewing downloaded episodes.

Even weirder, if I download episodes manually, or instigate a feed update manually, then it is fine. The issue only arises from automatic updates.

I got the exact same issue. Version 4.2.30

Is there anyone that has a proposed solution for this?

Are the developers on this forum?

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by spacedementia87 View Post
    Is there anyone that has a proposed solution for this?

Are the developers on this forum?
    Hello,

The developers are not on this forum but I relay information and feedback from this forum to the developers directly, so they are aware and are working on solutions. I give updates here to the users as I have them from the developers.

On BP 4.2.30, Motorola G4, I am now having this same problem, after years of faultless operation. Episode descriptions are not displayed. i tried another podcast product, it does not have the problem. Is there a way to recover?

I have started to see this issue creeping in every now and then. It doesn't happen all the time though. Same fix as posted earlier resolves it on my side.

I am seeing the problem the same way; podcast title is a string of letters/numbers in the All Feeds (All Episodes) view and My Episodes view, switching to All Published view shows the title correctly. This only happens on automatic updates, if I manually update all feeds the titles are correct. In addition, even if the title is correct from an automatic update, in the All Feeds/All Episodes view, those podcasts are missing the View Episode Notes option. I'm also not able to see episode notes from the player screen on the same podcasts...

1st screenshot, options from a podcast that was automatically downloaded. 2nd screenshot, options from a podcast that as manually downloaded.
    Screenshot_20180706-174417_BeyondPod[1].jpg
    Screenshot_20180706-174553_BeyondPod[1].jpg

Same issue here on BP 4.2.30 on Google Pixel 2. What's the ETA for a confirmed fix?

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by philhayford View Post
    Same issue here on BP 4.2.30 on Google Pixel 2. What's the ETA for a confirmed fix?
    I do not have an ETA at this time from development but this should be fixed in the next release I would think. I will update more when I know.

This issue is still present on 4.2.34. Also, I believe that it's the same issue as discussed in this thread: http://www.beyondpod.com/forum/showt...t-number/page2

Can I provide any technical info to fix the problem?