Thread: Possible Bug? Shutdown of BeyondPod about 20 seconds after rebooting

Possible Bug? Shutdown of BeyondPod about 20 seconds after rebooting

I've been experiencing this for a while, and I'm not sure if it's beta related or not. I am on the most recent, 4.2.30. Could definitely use some help coming up with troubleshooting steps or something, it's driving me a bit batty. Here's what happens:
    1. Reboot phone
    2. Open BeyondPod
    3. Start Playback
    4. Listen
    5. 10-30 seconds later, playback stops
    6. Pick up phone and see that BeyondPod is no longer playing (no notification, widget is "blanked out")

This happens every time I reboot. I can't fathom what is making BP quit itself while there is active playback. Any ideas?

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by lyric911 View Post
    I've been experiencing this for a while, and I'm not sure if it's beta related or not. I am on the most recent, 4.2.30. Could definitely use some help coming up with troubleshooting steps or something, it's driving me a bit batty. Here's what happens:
    1. Reboot phone
    2. Open BeyondPod
    3. Start Playback
    4. Listen
    5. 10-30 seconds later, playback stops
    6. Pick up phone and see that BeyondPod is no longer playing (no notification, widget is "blanked out")

This happens every time I reboot. I can't fathom what is making BP quit itself while there is active playback. Any ideas?
    Hmm, I am also seeing this happening on my end. It only closes the first time after re-booting the device but if you go back in to BP after it closes, BP seems to operate as it should afterward. Are you able to confirm the same for yourself? I want to make sure we are seeing the same behavior before reporting this to the development team.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by KimW View Post
    Hmm, I am also seeing this happening on my end. It only closes the first time after re-booting the device but if you go back in to BP after it closes, BP seems to operate as it should afterward. Are you able to confirm the same for yourself? I want to make sure we are seeing the same behavior before reporting this to the development team.

Thank you!
    Yes, after that initial close/reopen, it does not reoccur. Thank you!

This only happens if podcasts are saved on an SD card. It's been this way for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by uManiac View Post
    This only happens if podcasts are saved on an SD card. It's been this way for a while.
    Pixel XL had no SD card, nor do I even have an option to change where podcasts are stored, the option is greyed out.

Even if it's been happening for a while, it should be fixed and is a poor user experience.
    Last edited by lyric911; 04-18-2018 at 07:18 AM.

BeyondPod Team
    This bug has been reported to development already and they are looking into it. It happens without an SD card on my devices.

To reiterate an earlier post: since as long as I can remember, BP crashes once after restart. Normally when playing, but maybe that's not necessary.

4.2.31 seems to have fixed this. Thank you Kimw!

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by lyric911 View Post
    4.2.31 seems to have fixed this. Thank you Kimw!
    Great, thank you for confirming!