Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 4.2.30 update problems

BeyondPod Team
    Hello All,

We are looking into this issue. Seems to only affect users with an external SD card. Are there any users seeing this issue using the internal storage?

External SD Card on an LG20 here. Same problem. The procedure above seems to have fixed it. I was able to download new episodes and the feed images came back.

BeyondPod Team
    Hello All,

The developers would like the users having issues with your SD cards to check to make sure a storage permission is set for the app in their system settings (Please see screenshot).
    According to Androidís documentation, depending on the storage volumeís state, we arenít guaranteed to be granted permissions after we request them. Sometimes, the user has to enable it manually.

^570A3FC1709DFF7094801DDDD01CAEC3917B4B6E47CE907C7D^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg

No, my permissions were all set. I can't even get the program to open because of what it says is an inability to find a folder (suggesting that I create it manually didn't help) or a corrupt SD card (it isn't). I'm really pissed. Been using this for years and now I can't even download an old version due to the files being corrupt. Please fix this asap. Undo whatever you did! I don't even remember authorizing an update!!

Beyond Pod? I'm beyond pissed!

I can't even get the program to open now (Samsung S7) . All I get is the message saying that it's unable to access the SD card. The card is not write protected or damaged, and I checked in permissions to make sure that bp had permission.

I've tried to revert back to an older version but every apk I download results in a corrupt file message.

If I delete and download again will I be any better off? Will I lose my subscriptions? Is there a file I can copy first that can save that information?

After using and loving this program for years, all that I can say is, Wtf?

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by 767pilot View Post
    I can't even get the program to open now (Samsung S7) . All I get is the message saying that it's unable to access the SD card. The card is not write protected or damaged, and I checked in permissions to make sure that bp had permission.

I've tried to revert back to an older version but every apk I download results in a corrupt file message.

If I delete and download again will I be any better off? Will I lose my subscriptions? Is there a file I can copy first that can save that information?

After using and loving this program for years, all that I can say is, Wtf?
    Hello,

The developers are looking into the issue people are having with their SD cards and will make a fix for it. In the meantime, a few other users found that the following steps have fixed the issue. So this can be a temporary workaround until the developers have fixed the issue.

"I think I figured out the solution. It works now!

1. BeyondPod > Settings > General Settings

2. Podcast Download Folder > go through all the prompts & warnings to move the folder. Mine was set to "external SD" and that's where I want my podcasts, so I clicked "external SD", as if I was telling it to move my podcasts from external SD to external SD.

3. Now it works!"

Quote Originally Posted by KimW View Post
    Hello
    1. BeyondPod > Settings > General Settings

3. Now it works!"
    Might work for you but I can't even open the program without getting the error. No way to change settings that I know of.

Why can't I revert to an older version? Every time I download one and click on the apk I get an error message

Quote Originally Posted by 767pilot View Post
    Might work for you but I can't even open the program without getting the error. No way to change settings that I know of.

Why can't I revert to an older version? Every time I download one and click on the apk I get an error message
    Take a look in this thread, if you have access to a computer and are feeling adventurous it's possible. This is an Android thing, not something BP can control

http://www.beyondpod.com/forum/showt...than-I-thought

That said...your settings may be corrupt already. Your best bet may be to uninstall the app and reinstall. The latest version works fine, it seems like the upgrade from older versions is causing issues (one time, the time you upgrade).

Quote Originally Posted by gessel View Post
    I have the same problem with the 4.2.30 update as LCData1701 (permission error claimed on uSD, permission is granted) and as JoeTaco in that many of my feed icons have reverted to blank. The error I get is:

"Oops... Something is not right!

"BeyondPod was granted a permission to access your storage card, but for some reason still can't write to it.

"Try restarting your device.

"OK"

I did, of course, restart: no change. I also added/removed permission. I also noticed I couldn't save a backup to my sdcard, but I could save it to internal storage. My phone: Huawei Mate8 EMUI 5.0/Android 7.0/Kernel 4.1.18

Before I take the time to unencrpt, remove the card, copy all the data off, reformat, restore the data, reencrypt, etc. - and probably find the problem isn't resolved: is there a better solution? Like reverting to the previous version?
    Same problem for me.. very bad. Cannot see my updated feeds listed as before, set for NEW FEEDS, makes no difference. Can we rollback to another version? DrWeb

Sa

Seemed to work for me. When I opened the app after restarting my phone, it went to Google Play and said uninstall, so I did. Thankfully, the key was still there, so after install, I updated the feed and seems back to normal. Had to say don't show any more for "Mark all Read" etc., but it seems back to close to normal. Weird update, they can do better. DrWeb