Thread: SSL Certificate mismatch on sites that require SNI

SSL Certificate mismatch on sites that require SNI

I'm trying to subscribe to https://air.mozilla.org/feed/ and this site works fine in my web browser (both on the desktop and all of Firefox, Opera, and the built-in browser on Android). It also works fine in the "preview" in the subscription panel in BeyondPod. But when trying to download the feed, it gets a certificate error saying the hostname doesn't match the certificate. From checking with the site operator, this site apparently requires "SNI" or "Server Name Indication" which is an extension for SSL added several years ago which allows the hostname to be specified as part of the SSL handshake so that multiple certificates can be used on the same IP address. Supposedly all major browsers support this now (which is backed up by the site working on all of the above browsers I mentioned). Apparently BeyondPod doesn't. (but the preview does, likely because it probably uses the webkit libraries and the built-in browser supports it).

BeyondPod Team
    Yes, the "preview" on some text feeds uses webkit for the call. I tried the feed indeed had the same error, but was able to get it to work thru Google Reader (Edit the feed and check Sync with Google Reader). You can find more information about Goggle Reader integration here.

out of curiosity, is that a temporary workaround until it gets fixed, or is it too complicated to fix and thus a permanent workaround?

Not to repeat myself, but out of curiosity, is that a temporary workaround until it gets fixed, or is it too complicated to fix and thus a permanent workaround?