Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Audio Distortion at 2x Speed in 4.2.30

Crackling audio @ >1.7x on 4.2.30

So long as my phone screen is on (VZW S7 Edge, 7.0, march 2018 security updates) and beyondpod has focus, I can listen at any speed. If the screen is off, or the app is in the background, I have to dial back the speed to 1.7x to prevent audio crackle after about 10 seconds of real time. Turning the screen on, or switching back to foreground fixes it. This problem did not exist on 4.2.18, or 4.2.19, but has since I allowed it to upgrade to 4.2.25

Audio Distortion at 2x Speed in 4.2.30

After updating to 4.2.30 I've started to experience distortion when listening at 2x speed. I never had this issue before, it occurred immediately after updating BeyondPod. Playback on 1x and 1.5x speed does not seem to be affected.

I've had some issues recreating the issue consistently When it's happening it will reoccur through the podcast. Every so often there will be distortion and it sounds almost as thought the podcast is slowing down. Sometimes this occurs as frequently as every 5 or 10 seconds, other times it might be 1 to 2 minutes. I've noticed that it might happen on one podcast episode a lot, but the next episode it might not happen as much or possible at all. I've also noticed that pausing for several seconds and resuming can temporarily fix the issue.

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S7 on Android 7. BeyondPod version 4.2.30. And I'm listening over Bluetooth.

I too am having this problem of distorted audio, which then slows down, as if the app is having issues processing the audio file.
    I normally use 2.5x speed and never have had issues before the recent upgrade. I've long since had the paid version of this app and would like to have this issue fixed quickly.
    Samsung Galaxy S7, Android 7. Happens on bluetooth and on headphone jack output.

Glad I'm not going crazy. I'm having these issues, too. Both bT and wired phones. Bad enough to try other podcast players this weekend. Another Pro supporter here, hope this gets fixed quickly.

Can confirm this. Reported in the forum a couple builds ago.

I have this issue also at 1.8 times. Sounds like an static every couple of minutes.

Also confirmed

I found quite a few mentions of this in the Beta forum, looks like it was a known bug that was pushed out with the update. Seems to start above 1.7x speed.

Hopefully this is fixed soon. In the meantime I've switched over to Pocket Casts. Good luck guys!

Add me to the pile of confirmations. Also FWIW I'm not in the beta. The issue is now present in the official non-beta release of 4.2.30.

Same here. Any way to switch back to the previous version. Any one from BeyondPod planning on addressing this?