Thread: 4.2.30 Android Wear interface dominated all day long by BeyondPod.

Angry 4.2.30 Android Wear interface dominated all day long by BeyondPod.

I noted in your change summary that you had removed Android Wear features from the app in this release. Purportedly this was due to low use. I'm not sure how you determined that but that's not my reason for reporting this issue:

Since the release of 4.2.30, the BeyondPod navigation screen appears on my watch whether or not I am currently-- or even recently-- listening to anything. In other words, I wake up in the morning and instead of seeing my default watchface, I see a plain black screen with:
    • a pause icon
    • the word "BeyondPod"
    • the time

In essence, my watch has become a BeyondPod display. I have to manually revert to my default watchface multiple times every day. Turning off BeyondPod notifications on my linked phone does not solve this problem.

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Goattee View Post
    I noted in your change summary that you had removed Android Wear features from the app in this release. Purportedly this was due to low use. I'm not sure how you determined that but that's not my reason for reporting this issue:

Since the release of 4.2.30, the BeyondPod navigation screen appears on my watch whether or not I am currently-- or even recently-- listening to anything. In other words, I wake up in the morning and instead of seeing my default watchface, I see a plain black screen with:
    • a pause icon
    • the word "BeyondPod"
    • the time

In essence, my watch has become a BeyondPod display. I have to manually revert to my default watchface multiple times every day. Turning off BeyondPod notifications on my linked phone does not solve this problem.
    Hello,

We have analytics that have shown us a very low percent of users using BP on Android Wear which is why it was decided to drop support. It has been bought to our attention that notification try is stuck on the Wear Watch and the suggestion made is to uncheck the "Enable Headset Button" in the Headset Button Actions menu under Player Settings. This has worked for other users having the same issue. Also to make sure "Keep 'Paused' Notification” in Player Settings unchecked.

Please let me know if that does not work for you.

Those setting changes seem to have solved the problem.

Considering that these settings never had that effect until now, is BeyondPod making different API calls than in previous versions? Just trying to understand.

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Goattee View Post
    Those setting changes seem to have solved the problem.

Considering that these settings never had that effect until now, is BeyondPod making different API calls than in previous versions? Just trying to understand.
    I do know there was some work done with some deprecated APIs, yes.