Thread: speed-up on chromecast

speed-up on chromecast

I noticed that if i strem the podcast to chromecast you can only stream with the 1x speed. Could you fix that?

THX

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by streihgtdge View Post
    I noticed that if i strem the podcast to chromecast you can only stream with the 1x speed. Could you fix that?

THX
    Hello,

Streamed episodes can only play at normal speed. To adjust the speed, you have to download episodes.

Hi,

all podcasts are dowloaded to my phone. But when I try to play it on chromecast only 1x speed is availabele.

Pretty sure that's a limitation of how ChromeCast works/is implemented unfortunately, it streams the file straight to the CC from a website instead of from your device. This is done in the SDK from google to not kill your phone battery when casting (your phone just becomes a remote control essentially)

If you have the google home app installed, open the side menu and select "Cast screen / audio". Then play your podcast like you're going to play it from your phone speaker, it should get routed to the CC. I haven't tried, but I think this workaround will work for you. The major downside is that it's casting your entire device, so any notifications go through, battery life will suffer, and if you're going to a chromecast on a tv you will have to keep your screen on I think.