Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 4.2.30 Screen won't go to sleep while BP is active

Quote Originally Posted by KimW View Post
    Hmm I am still not able to reproduce this issue. The screen timeout settings work as they should for me.

What device and version of Android are you on again? Thank you!
    Unlocked Google Pixel XL on Verizon, Android 8.1.0, April 5, 2018 security patch.

Quote Originally Posted by lyric911 View Post
    I just installed 4.2.32 and the screen is still not shutting off for me when the app is open.

If I go back to homescreen the screen shuts off, which is an improvement. Something is still keeping the screen on when the app is in the foreground though it seems.
    My Nexus 6P running April 5th 8.1 can't reproduce. It goes to sleep normally on any screen I try

Latest version keeping screen awake

When I'm in the player while it's playing (either while the player or playlist is visible), the screen will not go to sleep. I can't tell if this started happening since a recent update of BeyondPod or my phone's update to Android Oreo. I'm using an HTC 10 from Verizon.

I'm not seeing anything in settings to adjust this in BeyondPod, nor in any Android Oreo settings. BeyondPod is the only app having this issue.

Please if your first thought is to check everything but BeyondPod, you're doing it backwards. I don't want to troubleshoot the crap out of my phone and everything else before figuring out if BeyondPod is the problem or eliminating it as a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by dhinged View Post
    When I'm in the player while it's playing (either while the player or playlist is visible), the screen will not go to sleep. I can't tell if this started happening since a recent update of BeyondPod or my phone's update to Android Oreo. I'm using an HTC 10 from Verizon.

I'm not seeing anything in settings to adjust this in BeyondPod, nor in any Android Oreo settings. BeyondPod is the only app having this issue.

Please if your first thought is to check everything but BeyondPod, you're doing it backwards. I don't want to troubleshoot the crap out of my phone and everything else before figuring out if BeyondPod is the problem or eliminating it as a possibility.
    I seem to be in a similar boat. If BP is open at all, even if it's not playing, my phone isn't sleeping. Maddening.

BeyondPod Team
    I still have developers looking into this and we are collecting the need information from users. We are unable to reproduce this and not every user is but we are still working on getting this fixed for the users who do have this issue.

Any update on this issue?

Me too with 4.2.30 on Moto G5s Plus, running Android 7.1.1. My settings are those suggested by phalkon30.
    I'm glad to see the problem appears on different phones, I had suspected it was specific to G5.

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by rpudner View Post
    Any update on this issue?
    I do not have a new update from developers as of now about this issue, I just know that they have been working to reproducing this issue and find a fix.

Quote Originally Posted by KimW View Post
    I still have developers looking into this and we are collecting the need information from users. We are unable to reproduce this and not every user is but we are still working on getting this fixed for the users who do have this issue.
    So if you're unable to reproduce it, how can we troubleshoot this or what info can we collect to send you?

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by dhinged View Post
    So if you're unable to reproduce it, how can we troubleshoot this or what info can we collect to send you?
    We have already collected information from some users that the developers are using to find a fix. If they need more information, I will let you know. Thank you!