Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Episode Lengths Not Appearing

Episode Lengths Not Appearing

Since being updated to 4.2.30 (the update process really leaves A LOT to be desired) I have noticed that episodes downloaded during the scheduled update do not initially display the length of the episode.
    If I perform a manual update, the length is displayed. And once the episode starts playing (regardless of whether it was a scheduled or manual download), the length is displayed.

This is just one of many small bugs that started with 4.2.30, and don't even get me started about upgrading, losing all my episodes and settings and having to reinstall and redownload everything from scratch. For an update that took so long to release it appears to cause more trouble than it fixed.

I've paid for and been using BP for a LONG time (it's one of the first apps I bought when I switched to Android).
    I use it almost every day and it has worked pretty much flawlessly until this update. It's disappointing to now have to struggle with an app that worked so well, when the update appears to fix no major bugs, offer no new features and cause new annoying bugs.

I'm running a Samsung Galaxy S9, Android 8.0.0 and BP 4.2.30.

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by pd71342 View Post
    Since being updated to 4.2.30 (the update process really leaves A LOT to be desired) I have noticed that episodes downloaded during the scheduled update do not initially display the length of the episode.
    If I perform a manual update, the length is displayed. And once the episode starts playing (regardless of whether it was a scheduled or manual download), the length is displayed.

This is just one of many small bugs that started with 4.2.30, and don't even get me started about upgrading, losing all my episodes and settings and having to reinstall and redownload everything from scratch. For an update that took so long to release it appears to cause more trouble than it fixed.

I've paid for and been using BP for a LONG time (it's one of the first apps I bought when I switched to Android).
    I use it almost every day and it has worked pretty much flawlessly until this update. It's disappointing to now have to struggle with an app that worked so well, when the update appears to fix no major bugs, offer no new features and cause new annoying bugs.

I'm running a Samsung Galaxy S9, Android 8.0.0 and BP 4.2.30.
    Unfortunately we are unable to reproduce this issue. The length of an episode is shown for automatic updates and manual updates shows on our devices and your logs didn't show a clue as to why you are having this issue.

A new version is due to come out soon with some fixes that were made so when that release has been made public, we can see if your issue still persists.

I've had the same issue after updating. I was unsure if it was related to the Vzw Samsung Oreo update or Beyond Pod, but this was one of the more minor issues that i've been trying to figure out recently

I have the same issue on a Galaxy S8 on Oreo. I am using an SD card but the problem remains when I switch to storing them locally. Automatic updates are broken for me, I get a notification that says preparing to download that lasts ~2 hours, as well as one saying the app is using battery. Then all of the downloaded podcasts are missing the description, duration, and usually the title. Manual updates work fine, everything worked fine with the previous version, even in Oreo.

This version appears to have slightly changed the directory the podcasts and rss cache is stored, I had to manually move everything on the SD card to the new directory even after selecting the SD location in the options.

And finally, why am I getting ads injected into the downloaded audio files!? I thought the unlock key was supposed to get rid of those!

I'm experiencing this very issue on version 4.2.32 as well, see my screen shot below where 2 podcasts show the time and 1 doesn't

2018-05-12 07.15.54.jpg

similar problems for me
    - episode length not appearing
    - episode descriptions not being downloaded
    - episodes can't be played remotely (ie chromescast) - I suspect this is because a URL is not downloading

Corrupt database?
    I deleted all the data and re-installed, which fixed the problem for a while, but it's back

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by dodger View Post
    I'm experiencing this very issue on version 4.2.32 as well, see my screen shot below where 2 podcasts show the time and 1 doesn't

2018-05-12 07.15.54.jpg
    Thank you for sending the screen shot. We are still looking into this.

Has there been any update on this issue? I'm still experiencing the missing times with the scheduled updates. Manual updates show the episode time properly.

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by pd71342 View Post
    Has there been any update on this issue? I'm still experiencing the missing times with the scheduled updates. Manual updates show the episode time properly.
    Hello,

You have tried on the latest beta v4.2.34 and still have the issue?

Quote Originally Posted by KimW View Post
    You have tried on the latest beta v4.2.34 and still have the issue?
    I have not. I'm not really interested in messing around with beta software unless you are going to assure me that the issue is fixed in 4.2.34 and this isn't just a "try updating to the latest version" fix.
    According to dodger the problem still existed in 4.2.32 and I don't see any indication on the beta release notes that 4.2.34 addresses this issue.