Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 4.2.31 Beta won't complete install

When I try it says something like "ok... But beyondpod will not be able to access your storage card (update something something)

I just installed the beta and am having the same issue as the OP. I seem unable to give it permissions. Guess I'll have to delete my installed folder.

BeyondPod Team
    I already have developers looking into why this install is having an issue accepting the permissions to finish install. I personally deleted the previous folder to complete the install for now but you can re-install v4.2.30 and hold off until the next release if that works better for you. I have never had that issue happen before but I did report it to development as soon as it did so they are actively trying to find the cause and a solution.

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by asmalldharma View Post
    Can't change backup location or download path folder.
    I will take a look into this and report this to development as well. I am seeing an issue with changing the location myself.

I just updated via Play store and have the same issue with 4.2.32. App asks for permissions to storage and asks again after Allow is clicked over and over.

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by DrR0Ck View Post
    I just updated via Play store and have the same issue with 4.2.32. App asks for permissions to storage and asks again after Allow is clicked over and over.
    Thank you for letting me know. We have had a couple of other users report the same issue so I have already let development know. I had the issue in v4.2.31 but not with v4.2.32 so hopefully they can get this fixed so no one has this issue anymore.

Same problem with .32 version which just auto updated from Google play store. I'm now locked in a confirm privileges loop and can't get app to install. I really don't want to lose podcasts and playlist.

This should really have been addressed before pushing the update to Google play!

Tried revoking the storage permission in OS app management. App start gives standard Android allow/deny popup. Grant access and still beyondpod stuck in that page. So has storage permissions but still stuck in loop

And I can't install a previous version over the failing 32 so it looks like I'm completely stuck for now. Oneplus5T with latest 8.1 stock firmware.
    Last edited by Mart1nS; 05-08-2018 at 01:12 AM.

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Mart1nS View Post
    Same problem with .32 version which just auto updated from Google play store. I'm now locked in a confirm privileges loop and can't get app to install. I really don't want to lose podcasts and playlist.

This should really have been addressed before pushing the update to Google play!

Tried revoking the storage permission in OS app management. App start gives standard Android allow/deny popup. Grant access and still beyondpod stuck in that page. So has storage permissions but still stuck in loop

And I can't install a previous version over the failing 32 so it looks like I'm completely stuck for now. Oneplus5T with latest 8.1 stock firmware.
    The developers did make a fix for the install not completing (or we thought). It was tested on multiple devices and there were no issues completing install like we had in 4.2.31 but it seems for some users this issue still exists.

They are working on getting a fix out. You can revert back to previous version of BETA if you'd like http://www.beyondpod.mobi/Android/BETA/betachanges.htm

FWIW - I too had the incessant loop asking for me to allow permissions. What I didn't get, was the box pop up asking me to confirm allow access....

For other users -
    Wary about the previous problem and how long it took to fix, I decided to "leave" the beta in the play store, then uninstalled the app (but not the license key) and then reinstalled the app from the play store. It installed version .30 - flawlessly - with all my playlists and recordings intact.

I think it _may_ have downloaded a couple of episodes I've listened to recently - better that than missing some.

Quote Originally Posted by KimW View Post
    The developers did make a fix for the install not completing (or we thought). It was tested on multiple devices and there were no issues completing install like we had in 4.2.31 but it seems for some users this issue still exists.

They are working on getting a fix out. You can revert back to previous version of BETA if you'd like http://www.beyondpod.mobi/Android/BETA/betachanges.htm

Unfortunately reverting to previous versions isn't working for me

.31 gives same issue.
    Anything before .31 simply fails to install with a non specific "App not installed" error. So I'm guessing the debug signatures don't match or something.

Hopefully .33 will have a fix to get rid of the pesky popup.