Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 4.2.31 Beta won't complete install

FYI, I'm on a Galaxy S8. Can provide OS version information if it helps. What I noticed was that if I removed the storage permission from Beyondpod, then when I would get prompted to allow permission, I would see a "Don't ask again" checkbox - Unfortunately, selecting "Don't ask again" would cause the "Allow" button to be greyed out and unselectable, forcing me to choose "Allow" without selecting "Don't ask again." Perhaps this is something to do with why it gets stuck in the loop.

I'm happy to test an unreleased debug version if you want to send me a download link as it's still happening on my OnePlus.

Btw. Trying to revert to a previous version doesn't work. The install simply fails, no error message.

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Mart1nS View Post
    I'm happy to test an unreleased debug version if you want to send me a download link as it's still happening on my OnePlus.

Btw. Trying to revert to a previous version doesn't work. The install simply fails, no error message.
    There is no debug version to test at this moment but when I am given one I can pass it along to you and few others to test as well.

Any sign of a fix for this yet?

BeyondPod Team
    Any sign of a fix for this yet?
    The developers are still working to pinpoint the cause of this. Only some users are having this issue while others are not. Have you tried 4.2.32?

This is on 4.2.32. The version published to the beta play store.

Is there any way I can go back to an earlier beta or to the non-beta version without losing my podcasts (the bbc ones downloaded are no longer available to redownload). Not losing my playlist would be a bonus.

If the devs produce a version with debug logging enabled I'm happy to try it and send the logs back.

BeyondPod Team
    This is on 4.2.32. The version published to the beta play store.

Is there any way I can go back to an earlier beta or to the non-beta version without losing my podcasts (the bbc ones downloaded are no longer available to redownload). Not losing my playlist would be a bonus.

If the devs produce a version with debug logging enabled I'm happy to try it and send the logs back.
    You can find previous beta version by visiting http://www.beyondpod.mobi/Android/BETA/betachanges.htm

Quote Originally Posted by KimW View Post
    You can find previous beta version by visiting http://www.beyondpod.mobi/Android/BETA/betachanges.htm
    Unfortunately attempting to install any other version just fails with App not Installed.

Quote Originally Posted by KimW View Post
    Attempting to install any other version fails with a simple app not installed error msg

BeyondPod Team
    Attempting to install any other version fails with a simple app not installed error msg
    Hmm. Have you tried uninstalling your current BP app and then using the link below to download and install a previous version?