Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Android Wear and Android Auto

Unhappy Android Wear and Android Auto

I have been a Beyondpod user for many years , I currently have version 4.2.30 and have found a couple of issues.
    1. I have 2 Android wear watches, a Moto 360 sport and an LG Watch Style, on both when playback has stopped I get a notification showing beyondpod and the play pause button, fast forward/rewind, I can not dismiss this on the watch??
    2. On Android Auto which I don't use very often, I noticed this weekend that if beyondpod has been playing at any time I cant use any other AA compatible audio service, if one is playing when I open AA it stops and the screen shows beyondpod in pause status, If I then open the audio section of AA and try to choose another app it tries to switch and within 0.5 seconds beyond pod replaces the app on screen. If I go into app management and force stop beyondpod AA works as it should, but as soon as I choose beyondpod in AA I then can not switch to any other app??

Help please

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by rpudner View Post
    I have been a Beyondpod user for many years , I currently have version 4.2.30 and have found a couple of issues.
    1. I have 2 Android wear watches, a Moto 360 sport and an LG Watch Style, on both when playback has stopped I get a notification showing beyondpod and the play pause button, fast forward/rewind, I can not dismiss this on the watch??
    2. On Android Auto which I don't use very often, I noticed this weekend that if beyondpod has been playing at any time I cant use any other AA compatible audio service, if one is playing when I open AA it stops and the screen shows beyondpod in pause status, If I then open the audio section of AA and try to choose another app it tries to switch and within 0.5 seconds beyond pod replaces the app on screen. If I go into app management and force stop beyondpod AA works as it should, but as soon as I choose beyondpod in AA I then can not switch to any other app??

Help please
    Hello,

Since Wear Support has been dropped with BP, we have had reports of this issue and the below suggestion was made that has fixed the notification dismissal and the AA issue for other users:

"Uncheck the "Enable Headset Button" in the Headset Button Actions menu under Player Settings. Also to make sure "Keep 'Paused' Notification” in Player Settings unchecked."

(Note: Unchecking the "Enable Headset Button" does not actually disable the headset button so that can still be used with the above workaround.)

Thanks Sorted out my issues, may have added some others, but not critical

Thanks for this. I came here to post the exact same issue as rpudner with Android Auto, which had been driving me crazy for some time now. I even went so far as to uninstall then reinstall both AA and every single one of my AA compatible media apps, but still had no luck.

I can confirm the above posted workaround worked for me, as well.

I'd tried unchecking the "Keep 'Paused' Notification” setting on my own, but hadn't thought to try unchecking "Enable Headset Button" too. Doing both in combination seems to have done the trick.

Thanks for the temporary workaround, that has relieved the pain point for now. Will there be a permanent fix for this in an upcoming update?

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterCKO View Post
    Thanks for the temporary workaround, that has relieved the pain point for now. Will there be a permanent fix for this in an upcoming update?
    The developers have this issue in their list of bugs to fix for future releases. I'm not sure which release it will implemented on yet, but yes, this will be fixed in a future release.

Good to know, thanks!

BeyondPod Team
    Hello All,

Developers have implemented a fix for BP interrupting Android Auto services in BETA version 4.2.34. Please let us know if this fixes the issue on your end as well. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by KimW View Post
    Hello All,

Developers have implemented a fix for BP interrupting Android Auto services in BETA version 4.2.34. Please let us know if this fixes the issue on your end as well. Thank you.
    Hi Kim,

Great news! However, when I check the app on the store (I'm signed up as a Beta Tester), the most recent version I can download 4.2.32. Will it be updated on the Play Store soon or is there somewhere else I need to check?

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterCKO View Post
    Hi Kim,

Great news! However, when I check the app on the store (I'm signed up as a Beta Tester), the most recent version I can download 4.2.32. Will it be updated on the Play Store soon or is there somewhere else I need to check?
    Hello,

We have not put this version on the PlayStore yet. You can download the latest beta version here: http://www.beyondpod.mobi/Android/BETA/