Thread: Remove certain feeds from "All feeds" list OR create "Archived" category not showing

Remove certain feeds from "All feeds" list OR create "Archived" category not showing

Hi!

I have over 50 feeds (much more than that, but I don't wanna count to get the precise number). Some of them haven't had a new ep in ages, literally, but since they are true-crime podcasts, there's still hope that there might be an update in the future, which I would probably miss if I unsubscribed. So I don't want to unsubscribe, but am also annoyed by having 20-ish podcasts in the "All feeds" list, that take forever to check and would rather if they were just less visible.

So, could you either: give us a way for some of the feeds not to appear on the "all feeds" list until there's something new in them, OR allow us to create an "Archived" category, where those would be placed, they wouldn't appear in the "all feeds", they could even be synched with lesser frequency, where dead podcast feeds could be waiting for that major breakthrough (which is probably not coming, tbh)?

Huh? Could you do that?

Thanks

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by kemikica View Post
    Hi!

I have over 50 feeds (much more than that, but I don't wanna count to get the precise number). Some of them haven't had a new ep in ages, literally, but since they are true-crime podcasts, there's still hope that there might be an update in the future, which I would probably miss if I unsubscribed. So I don't want to unsubscribe, but am also annoyed by having 20-ish podcasts in the "All feeds" list, that take forever to check and would rather if they were just less visible.

So, could you either: give us a way for some of the feeds not to appear on the "all feeds" list until there's something new in them, OR allow us to create an "Archived" category, where those would be placed, they wouldn't appear in the "all feeds", they could even be synched with lesser frequency, where dead podcast feeds could be waiting for that major breakthrough (which is probably not coming, tbh)?

Huh? Could you do that?

Thanks
    Hello,

I will bring this forth to the BeyondPod team for consideration. Thank you.

I would second that request, it would be a great feature I would use

This behavior can be accomplished with categories... I've been doing it for a long time.

But given the extreme limitation of having only two categories per podcast, it comes at a steep price.

The trick is to update based on categories, not all feeds.

Yes. I have two sets of categories: update rate (daily/weekly/monthly/longterm/manual) and play order (first/second/etc). The play order is *roughly* based on episode length, modified by preference.