Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "This episode can't be played remotely!"

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

"This episode can't be played remotely!"

I used to Cast podcasts regularly, but in the last few weeks or so I've been getting the error "This episode can't be played remotely!" almost every time. It's a number of different podcasts, almost all added through my Feedly subscription, all that I've streamed countless times prior. I can open Feedly, go to the entry for the episode, and confirm that the media it looks to is valid.

For example, this podcast will not Cast, but the media linked in it works: https://art19.com/shows/how-did-this...9-629ab6996440

Anyone else experiencing this? Any suggestions on fixes?

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Kchrpm View Post
    I used to Cast podcasts regularly, but in the last few weeks or so I've been getting the error "This episode can't be played remotely!" almost every time. It's a number of different podcasts, almost all added through my Feedly subscription, all that I've streamed countless times prior. I can open Feedly, go to the entry for the episode, and confirm that the media it looks to is valid.

For example, this podcast will not Cast, but the media linked in it works: https://art19.com/shows/how-did-this...9-629ab6996440

Anyone else experiencing this? Any suggestions on fixes?
    Hello, what version of BeyondPod are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by KimW View Post
    Hello, what version of BeyondPod are you using?
    4.2.30 on a Google Pixel XL.

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Kchrpm View Post
    4.2.30 on a Google Pixel XL.
    Okay, this issue was reported in v4.2.30 and the developers pushed out a fix in a new BETA version 4.2.32 available by visiting http://www.beyondpod.mobi/Android/BETA/.

Quote Originally Posted by KimW View Post
    Okay, this issue was reported in v4.2.30 and the developers pushed out a fix in a new BETA version 4.2.32 available by visiting http://www.beyondpod.mobi/Android/BETA/.
    Still having the exact same issue after update. Cleared app cache also.

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by wickedbp View Post
    Still having the exact same issue after update. Cleared app cache also.
    I have PMed you for more information.

I am having the same issue too. Cannot cast podcasts anymore

I started having this issue with some podcasts about a week ago. It now happens to every one of them. Similar to others, podcasts are downloaded through auto feed. I had the problem on 4.2.30, upgraded to Beta and no improvement. Google Pixel 2 user.

BeyondPod Team
    We have collected information from some user with this issue and development is looking into why some have issues casting and others do not.

I have also been experiencing this on a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. I have found a workaround when BP won't let you cast. If you click your phone's Recent Apps button and click the X to close BeyondPod when you go back into BP it will now let you cast. At least that's been working for me on v4.2.32.

I find Chromecast seems to stop working if I used the app earlier in the day and then come back later. I'm assuming something related to BP or Chromecast is probably being put to sleep or closed by the system to save resources. Just a guess - once I figured out I could quit and go back in I stopped losing too much sleep over it!