Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "This episode can't be played remotely!"

I have also been experiencing this on a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. I have found a workaround when BP won't let you cast. If you click your phone's Recent Apps button and click the X to close BeyondPod when you go back into BP it will now let you cast. At least that's been working for me on v4.2.32.

I find Chromecast seems to stop working if I used the app earlier in the day and then come back later. I'm assuming something related to BP or Chromecast is probably being put to sleep or closed by the system to save resources. Just a guess - once I figured out I could quit and go back in I stopped losing too much sleep over it!

I've also been experiencing this for the past 3 or so weeks. It first started with the non-beta app then I switched to the beta version and it didn't fix anything. Killing the app doesn't fix it for me.

As a workaround, you can try casting your entire system audio. From the Google Home app pull out the menu and tap "Cast screen/audio".

This will use more battery, but it should work.

The developers should still fix it, this is just a quick workaround for those having issues.

Quote Originally Posted by KimW View Post
    We have collected information from some user with this issue and development is looking into why some have issues casting and others do not.
    I have been having this issue on my S9+ as well. For me it seems to have started happening right when I switched to having BeyondPod data on my new SD card, but it could be that it was going to happen anyway. Let me know if I can contribute logs, settings, etc. as this is very very frustrating to me and is greatly limiting BeyondPod's value. I've been a loyal paid BeyondPod user for years and I usually cast daily, but now can not!

BTW - Please bump up work on keeping SD card support! Aside from any hard limitations from Android OS, there are really no reasons that BeyondPod should not support having episodes on a SD card. For me, I subscribe to many many podcasts and a fair number of them have video so keeping them on my SD card is basically a necessity instead of what's left of my S9+'s 64 GB internal (vs. my 256 GB SD card space).

Thanks!
    Andreas

Today I cast a podcast to my Google Home speaker (and a Google Mini and a Chromecast audio all at the same time). It worked fine. Then it got to the next podcast episode and stopped. Examining BeyondPod I got the same message. All I could think is "Huh? You were just working!". Why would that happen???

BeyondPod Team
    A new BETA version has been released (not yet to playstore though) v4.2.33. Chromecast seems to working on our end with this version. Please let me know if you are still having issues casting.

I'm using v4.2.34 on an Android 7.0 phone. It consistently has trouble connecting with my Nexus Player. I also have been getting the "cannot play this file remotely" on several podcasts I follow.

Yes, this is a good workaround. I wonder if BeyondPod might be willing to create a dedicated TV app for Chrome devices.

I have been having this issue on my S7 Edge. Like some it was only some but now appears to be most if not all podcasts. I have found that deleting and redownloading the episode sorted it out as a work around.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
    I have been having this issue on my S7 Edge. Like some it was only some but now appears to be most if not all podcasts. I have found that deleting and redownloading the episode sorted it out as a work around.
    I have noticed that some episodes don't download the full description and details and lists as the series name followed by a number.

These episodes always cannot be casted. Again deleted and redownloaded which works.