Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BP needs a permission to access your storage (SD) card...

BP needs a permission to access your storage (SD) card...

BP: 4.2.32
    Samsung Galaxy S8+

BP starts with the warning specified in the title (see 2018-05-08 07.13.28.jpg ).

This warning repeats when I click "Allow." Repeated attempts to start the application do not change the behavior.

Ditto. I get same issue on Samsung S8. I don't have an SD card! Beyond pod now completely unusable. Can't get past this error message. Have tried disabling and then re enabling storage access for this app.

BeyondPod Team
    Hello,

Development is already aware of this issue. This was an issue that happened in v4.2.31 and the developers made a fix (or at least we thought) in v4.2.32 as we did not experience this issue in the new version like we did in 4.2.31 but it seems that some users are still having this issue in 4.2.32. Development is already looking into this though.

You can revert back to previous BETA version by visiting http://www.beyondpod.mobi/Android/BETA/betachanges.htm for the time being or revert to the production version 4.2.30.

Thank you for letting us know you were having this issue though!

Thank you, Kim!

Hi. Sorry. Struggling to revert to previous beta. Downloaded the app but just get error after trying to install "app not installed"

Ok. Uninstalled app. Installed .31 but get same error. Stuck in a loop with option to either exit or allow. But allow doesn't do anything other than display a message "ok you can still delete the folder and have a clean install" or similar

Quote Originally Posted by doc View Post
    Ok. Uninstalled app. Installed .31 but get same error. Stuck in a loop with option to either exit or allow. But allow doesn't do anything other than display a message "ok you can still delete the folder and have a clean install" or similar
    KimW recommended that we go back to .30. Good luck!

Also getting same issue. Haven't tried to roll back yet...

This might be a duplicate of known issues, but this is with the 4.2.32 beta... can I attach files here?

Also note that the particular setting suggested to change the download folder doesn't exist as described... settings -> general settings -> podcast download folder <- this menu item doesn't exist.

Finally, I don't even have external storage on my device (Kindle Fire HDX, 3rd gen, etc), so the error means is even more curious.

Screenshot_2018-05-08-17-38-17-01.jpg
    Last edited by slvr32; 05-08-2018 at 07:57 PM.

thanks -yes indeed that has sorted it - for now