Thread: Text to speech for text-based feeds

Text to speech for text-based feeds

Hi,

I have seen another rss reader that converts text based feeds to audio items using the android tts engine. Obviously it's a killer feature, but is it a possibility for BeyondPod?

Aside from the obvious functionality to read out any text feed, TTS could also be optionally used to announce the title, feed name and release date of both text feeds / podcasts.

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by olivialees12 View Post
    Hi,

I have seen another rss reader that converts text based feeds to audio items using the android tts engine. Obviously it's a killer feature, but is it a possibility for BeyondPod?

Aside from the obvious functionality to read out any text feed, TTS could also be optionally used to announce the title, feed name and release date of both text feeds / podcasts.
    Hello,

I'm not sure if this feature is something BP would offer but I will bring forth the suggestion to the BP team for consideration. Thank you.

I like the idea of reading the podcast name and release date out loud, I have some big playlists and it would be nice if every time it started an episode it read that out loud.

Neat idea!