Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lock Screen Controls and Widgets

Lock Screen Controls and Widgets

Hey forum members. I recently upgraded my Verizon Galaxy S7 from Android Nougat 7.X.X to Oreo 8.0.0 and have lost some of the functionality I use daily on Beyond Pod Version 4.2.30. Previously, when PB was open and I locked my phone a small widget would show on the lock screen allowing me to skip to the next podcast, go back a podcast, or skip the number of seconds or minutes chosen in the PB skip interval setting. The widget was 1 unit high by 4 units long on my home screen with the 4 x 4 grid selected in the Android settings. Since the Android upgrade PB now shows a widget that only includes the play/pause button and the buttons to skip a complete episode forwards or backwards. The skip interval button is gone. I've tried both of the widgets available from PB but neither of them has the skip interval button. The new widgets are also different on the app pages while the phone is unlocked showing only a play/pause button and the skip interval but not the episode skip buttons. The old widget also show episode skip buttons while the phone was unlocked. The only options PB has for notifications on the lock screen is do not show notifications or hide content. I have it set to hide content but have tried both options. Also, the new widget seems to have some erratic behavior and I've even seen the old widget appear below the new one a couple times on the lock screen for a second or two. Does anyone know how to have a widget display the interval skip button on the lock screen? Thanks in advance!

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by TruthBeTold View Post
    Hey forum members. I recently upgraded my Verizon Galaxy S7 from Android Nougat 7.X.X to Oreo 8.0.0 and have lost some of the functionality I use daily on Beyond Pod Version 4.2.30. Previously, when PB was open and I locked my phone a small widget would show on the lock screen allowing me to skip to the next podcast, go back a podcast, or skip the number of seconds or minutes chosen in the PB skip interval setting. The widget was 1 unit high by 4 units long on my home screen with the 4 x 4 grid selected in the Android settings. Since the Android upgrade PB now shows a widget that only includes the play/pause button and the buttons to skip a complete episode forwards or backwards. The skip interval button is gone. I've tried both of the widgets available from PB but neither of them has the skip interval button. The new widgets are also different on the app pages while the phone is unlocked showing only a play/pause button and the skip interval but not the episode skip buttons. The old widget also show episode skip buttons while the phone was unlocked. The only options PB has for notifications on the lock screen is do not show notifications or hide content. I have it set to hide content but have tried both options. Also, the new widget seems to have some erratic behavior and I've even seen the old widget appear below the new one a couple times on the lock screen for a second or two. Does anyone know how to have a widget display the interval skip button on the lock screen? Thanks in advance!
    Hello,

Have you checked to make sure the "Forward Skip Interval" setting (Found under player settings) didn't accidentally get turned off by chance?

Hi KimW. Thanks for the suggestion. I double checked the Forward Skip Interval and it has been on the whole time. I tried changing the time to see if I would stumble out of a bug but no luck.

Another behavior I've identified is if PB is paused while not on the lock screen, then I lock the phone, no PB control at all is present. If PB is playing with the lock screen showing and I press pause the control disappears entirely. In both cases this is the control I've just started seeing since the update (at top on screen shot below).

Below is a screen shot showing how the new and old control appear together sometimes. If I press play on the old control from this screen the entire control vanishes leaving only the new control.

PB Screen Shot.jpg

Does anyone have an S7 with Oreo where the lock screen control has a skip interval button? Which control type are you seeing on the lock screen?

Duplicate Post Removed
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by TruthBeTold; 07-02-2018 at 09:07 PM.

Duplicate post removed.
    Last edited by TruthBeTold; 07-02-2018 at 09:08 PM.

Hi KimW. Thanks for your reply. I've written several responses over the last few days but none of them seem to get posted to the forum. Sorry if this is a duplicate. I checked and the Forward Skip Interval has always been set and is not my issue.

I am having a similar problem, seemingly brought on by upgrading my Verizon Galaxy S7 from some version of Android 7 (Nougat) to 8.0.0 (Oreo). While I wasn't using the widget specifically, I left BeyondPod running/open in the background, and when returning to my car it would automatically resume play. Since the upgrade, that has stopped. One of the differences I've noticed while trying to troubleshoot is the frequent presence of a new control on the lock screen, sometimes along with the previous BeyondPod Player, sometimes alone.

Any suggestions welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by diana27 View Post
    I left BeyondPod running/open in the background, and when returning to my car it would automatically resume play. Since the upgrade, that has stopped.
    I hope you can figure out why it doesn't resume, nothing since before the November beta issues has resumed play for me when I get in my car. It's the only thing still broken for me 9 months later.

Quote Originally Posted by TruthBeTold View Post
    Hi KimW. Thanks for the suggestion. I double checked the Forward Skip Interval and it has been on the whole time. I tried changing the time to see if I would stumble out of a bug but no luck.

Another behavior I've identified is if PB is paused while not on the lock screen, then I lock the phone, no PB control at all is present. If PB is playing with the lock screen showing and I press pause the control disappears entirely. In both cases this is the control I've just started seeing since the update (at top on screen shot below).

Below is a screen shot showing how the new and old control appear together sometimes. If I press play on the old control from this screen the entire control vanishes leaving only the new control.

PB Screen Shot.jpg

Does anyone have an S7 with Oreo where the lock screen control has a skip interval button? Which control type are you seeing on the lock screen?
    I too have a S7, this drove me crazy for a few days. What you're seeing is the new Oreo generic media control. Apparently it overrides all other media controls, like BP and GoneMad. All you have to do is turn it off. Go to Settings, Lock screen and security, Clock and FaceWidgets, FaceWidgets - there you can turn it off, along with toggles for Today's schedule and Next alarm. I don't recall reading about these before, but that's the ticket.

You don't need to have any BP widget selected, the default BP notification media player has ALL the buttons.

Actually even when the Oreo media control is turned on the BP media control is there, but hiding. If you have any other notification you can swipe down on it and BP will appear, along with the first row of quick settings. It's like a game of hide and seek when you turn a widget on, then it's there - until you use it - then it's gone.

Skip forward is back!

Automatic resume is working on my S7/Oreo. Make sure the headset(bluetooth) controls within BP are set correctly and then make sure that in Android Settings/Apps that BP is "Allowed to run in background". That toggle can be found under Battery section once you bring up BP.

Of course the wild card is the in car system...