Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 4.2.33 Issues with update

4.2.35 installed yesterday, and my automatic updates seem to have worked, but BP is being killed often during playback now. If I pause for more than 10-15 seconds, the notification goes away.

I saw in another thread Kim mentioned removing BP from the battery optimization feature in Pie (what an awful generic name google..). I think that makes sense, Android is getting more aggressive at killing background tasks to save battery.

Try that (if you can find it) until they can put a fix into the app

Quote Originally Posted by phalkon30 View Post
    I saw in another thread Kim mentioned removing BP from the battery optimization feature in Pie (what an awful generic name google..). I think that makes sense, Android is getting more aggressive at killing background tasks to save battery.

Try that (if you can find it) until they can put a fix into the app

I think this was my issue. I had previously excluded BP from Android Battery Optimization, but something seems to have set it back to optimize. Fixed, thank you!

I tried taking BP out of battery optimization and found no decernable difference. Tried the latest release (4.2.35) and at first it kept up with the hourly updates, but after about 12 hours it began missing again and thereafter. Worse, the display not going to sleep issue is back. I wouldn't be surprised if either the Pixel 2 or the nature of the latest release of Android has something to do with it, but these issues seem to be stumping the developers. Neither the stable version or any of the betas are working, at least for me.

I've still issues with updates post 4.2.18
    The major issue I have is with Bluetooth.
    It doesn't appear to display the tracks on my car headunit properly.
    Also my smartwatch (Garmin Fenix 5x) not only can't see the podcast details, but can no longer control BP's functions like it can with 4.2.18
    I've had to downgrade to 18 to get all these functions back.

Samsung galaxy s7 edge - Samsung experience 9 upgrade with Oreo.

Garmin Fenix 5x - update 10.0

Pioneer AVHX-8500BT
    Last edited by yobrevar; 08-22-2018 at 07:06 AM. Reason: More details

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by yobrevar View Post
    Also my smartwatch (Garmin Fenix 5x) not only can't see the podcast details, but can no longer control BP's functions like it can with 4.2.18

Pioneer AVHX-8500BT
    Support for Wear watches was dropped with BP v4.2.25. For the bluetooth, what do you mean specifically by tracks don't appear properly? Can you give more details please? Do you have the advanced setting "Publish Current Episode" checked? Thank you.
    Last edited by KimW; 08-22-2018 at 09:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by yobrevar View Post

Pioneer AVHX-8500BT
    I had an issue with tracks not displaying correctly on bluetooth, but I can't remember how to fix it. In Settings>Player Settings>Headset Button Actions do you have the top option disabled? (Enable Headset Button). Ignore what it says...try disabling that. You won't lose any functionality. I think that's what I did to fix mine, and may fix your watch issue as well.

Does your Garmin actually run WearOS?