Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29

Thread: Beta 4.2.34 I wants it to test android auto fix, when does it go to the app store

  1. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    6
    Ditto here, on Android 9 beta. I thought it was because running android P but looks like it's not an os specific bug.

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    106
    In case more detail helps:

    .34 worked fine for me in AA on Saturday. No problems at all. Then on Sunday, with no intervening updates to either AA or BeyondPod, BP was missing completely in AA. Did somebody neglect to sign a form or something?

    I was guessing that there could have been a data change for AA, or an update to Google Play Services (why does Google insist on hiding updates to Google Play Services? Is it really some sort of secret?) I have Google Play Services 12.8.74, fwiw.

  3. #13
    BeyondPod Team
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    US
    Posts
    770
    Hello All,

    We have had reports of BP not being an option anymore on Android Auto as of recently. Our developers are not sure why this has all of a sudden happened as we still have AA integration as a feature in BP. We believe there is some sort of issue with Google so our developers are working to contact Google to discuss why this is happening and how to get this fixed asap.

    Thank you for making us aware and thank you for your patience while we get this resolved!

  4. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by dlynch View Post
    In case more detail helps:

    .34 worked fine for me in AA on Saturday. No problems at all. Then on Sunday, with no intervening updates to either AA or BeyondPod, BP was missing completely in AA. Did somebody neglect to sign a form or something?

    I was guessing that there could have been a data change for AA, or an update to Google Play Services (why does Google insist on hiding updates to Google Play Services? Is it really some sort of secret?) I have Google Play Services 12.8.74, fwiw.
    I have the exact same symptoms (and versions) as dlynch... Mine was working after the update although it had not fixed the Android Auto issues. Now it has gone from the list completely. I also tried installing to a second handset (fresh install never used with BP before) and this also did not show BP in Android Auto app list. Neither Google Play, AA or BP were updated between the time that it was working post .34 update and when it vanished. Other non-Google apps appear and work fine in the AA list e.g. Spotify, BBC Radio. My handset did restart on Saturday (automatic Samsung schedule restart) and it seems like BP/AA wasn't working after that (but can't be 100%).
    I am Samsung GS8 Android build 8.0.0 (1 June 2018 patch). Second handset was a Moto G5 Android 7.0 (1 July 2018 patch).
    Let me know if I can share more detail?

  5. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    6
    Mine disappeared on Saturday as well, and last night I upgraded to Android P on my pixel, and it's still not showing in AA.

  6. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    15
    I had a bit of time today, so decided to side load .33 which worked flawlessly with AA onto my Motorola device, then used the steps here to make it appear to have come from the play store (this worked a few months back).
    https://www.xda-developers.com/psa-s...o-heres-a-fix/
    Result, BP still does not appear in the AA Audio apps list. It is like something expired on certain devices and is unrelated to BP version and releases.
    Does anyone else have any findings?

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    223
    Quote Originally Posted by simonlant View Post
    I had a bit of time today, so decided to side load .33 which worked flawlessly with AA onto my Motorola device, then used the steps here to make it appear to have come from the play store (this worked a few months back).
    https://www.xda-developers.com/psa-s...o-heres-a-fix/
    Result, BP still does not appear in the AA Audio apps list. It is like something expired on certain devices and is unrelated to BP version and releases.
    Does anyone else have any findings?
    As noted in several other threads, Google can remotely block software from Android Auto. Beyondpod had so many issues with AA, that google removed them from the approved list. There is nothing you can do client side to get around this, you have to wait until google lets BP back in.

    See this news article if you're interested: https://www.androidpolice.com/2018/0...uto-fix-works/

  8. #18
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by phalkon30 View Post
    As noted in several other threads, Google can remotely block software from Android Auto. Beyondpod had so many issues with AA, that google removed them from the approved list. There is nothing you can do client side to get around this, you have to wait until google lets BP back in.

    See this news article if you're interested: https://www.androidpolice.com/2018/0...uto-fix-works/
    Wow, I had totally missed that one... Thanks for sharing phalkon30. You would have thought they might have updated on this forum with that message too to demonstrate their proactiveness! I really hope the fix gets pushed soon as things were looking up since the recent updates.

  9. #19
    BeyondPod Team
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    US
    Posts
    770
    Hello All,

    I wanted to give you the latest update on this matter:

    A debug build for the take-over issues regarding BP in AA has been sent to the Android Auto team at Google for review. If they bless our fix, they will remove us from their blacklist.

    I will give another update when we have one. Thank you.

  10. #20
    BeyondPod Team
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    US
    Posts
    770
    Quote Originally Posted by KimW View Post
    Hello All,

    I wanted to give you the latest update on this matter:

    A debug build for the take-over issues regarding BP in AA has been sent to the Android Auto team at Google for review. If they bless our fix, they will remove us from their blacklist.

    I will give another update when we have one. Thank you.
    The AA team has already said the fix that our development team sent to them looked good and once that fix is in production on the Google Store, they will lift the ban on BP from their services. A new beta version was put out yesterday with some other fixes that were made (not related to AA) so once this version is tested again by our beta users, we will push to production (including the fix for AA) and then the AA team will lift the ban.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •