Thread: 4.2.34 When casting, volume buttons adjust ring volume, not cast media

4.2.34 When casting, volume buttons adjust ring volume, not cast media

This is new with this version. Casting works the same as in the past, with the exception that the hardware volume button no longer adjusts the volume of the cast program. Instead, the volume button adjusts the ring volume.

The volume button behaves as expected when playing locally, and when casting from other apps.

Hmm, I always just cast my system audio because the built in ChromeCast button on BP is so unreliable. I guess I'll have to check this out when I get home.

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by dlynch View Post
    This is new with this version. Casting works the same as in the past, with the exception that the hardware volume button no longer adjusts the volume of the cast program. Instead, the volume button adjusts the ring volume.

The volume button behaves as expected when playing locally, and when casting from other apps.
    Hello dlynch,

So casting is behaving as it should for you in v4.2.34 with the exception of the volume button? Just want to be clear when I speak with development. Thank you.

To be more precise, in .34 casting works with the same bugs as before (which I've reported), and this new volume bug. My phone was updated to Android P today and BP seems to be unaffected - yay!