Thread: Alex Jones gone from search. What service is BeyondPod using for it's podcast search?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Alex Jones gone from search. What service is BeyondPod using for it's podcast search?

I'd like to know what the back end is for BeyondPod's podcast directory/search, because they're censoring results and I find censorship repulsive and offensive.

Thanks!

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by infamousnexus View Post
    I'd like to know what the back end is for BeyondPod's podcast directory/search, because they're censoring results and I find censorship repulsive and offensive.

Thanks!
    Hello,

Podcasts must be posted to Apple and have an Apple url for us to add the podcast to our list.

Why? He has an RSS. Do you actually use Apple's engine somehow? I didn't realize they made that data availible.

Why? He has an RSS. Do you actually use Apple's engine somehow? I didn't realize they made that data availible.
    I'm not the developer, but how do you expect a company to create and maintain a list of all RSS feeds for any podcast anywhere in the world?

There are many services out there that index podcasts, and Apple is probably the largest and most up to date. As you said, he has an RSS. Nothing is blocking manually following an RSS.

Do you use google, or do you find that repulsive and offensive as well? They index websites, and I can guarantee they censor results as well.

Quote Originally Posted by phalkon30 View Post
    I'm not the developer, but how do you expect a company to create and maintain a list of all RSS feeds for any podcast anywhere in the world?

There are many services out there that index podcasts, and Apple is probably the largest and most up to date. As you said, he has an RSS. Nothing is blocking manually following an RSS.

Do you use google, or do you find that repulsive and offensive as well? They index websites, and I can guarantee they censor results as well.
    Seems to me all they have to do is not actively remove valid RSS feeds?

Seems to me all they have to do is not actively remove valid RSS feeds?
    again I don't know the code here, but I would guess they're querying a service instead of a cache of previous podcasts. Podcasts probably come and go constantly from the apple directory, to cache them would mean possibly sending users to dead links of podcasts that no longer exist.

His podcast has been removed from many sources (Apple, Facebook, Youtube, Spotify, and others) due to the feeling that he promotes hate speech. Companies have that right to ensure podcasts conform to their community standards (as long as they're enforced equally).

Personally I don't care for him, but I think it's a slippery slope when you involve politics and big tech companies. There isn't an easy answer there.

I'm sure you could go directly to his website to subscribe to an RSS feed or something.

To add the RSS feed, just go into BeyondPod and "Add Feed" then choose "Enter Feed Address" and paste or type in: http://xml.nfowars.net/Alex.rss

And Here is GCN's backup feed:
    http://rss.gcnlive.com/alexJones/feed.xml

Just go into BeyondPod and "Add feed" then chose to "Add Feed Address" and put in ...

Main Feed: http://xml.nfowars.net/Alex.rss
    Backup feed: http://rss.gcnlive.com/alexJones/feed.xml