Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 4.2.34 Not Pausing on Disconnect

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

4.2.34 Not Pausing on Disconnect

I'm running 4.2.34 on my Nexus 6P, Android 8.1 July update.

When connected to bluetooth in my car, when I shut the car off the player pauses for a second, then starts playing over the handset speaker. This behavior did not occur in any version before the .34 release.

I checked, I have this setting: Settings>Player Settings>Automatic Pause or Resume>Pause on Headset Disconnect enabled. I have made zero changes to my settings when updating to the latest beta.

This is very frustrating as I often have my media volume on zero, and will pull my phone out an hour after I get to work to find out that my podcasts have been playing silently in my pocket. It requires me to now get out of my car and stare at my phone to watch when it starts playing again to pause it.

I have not tried other Bluetooth sources to see if they pause when disconnecting, I can if I'm the only one with an issue. I can tell you my car did not change however, only BP did.

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by phalkon30 View Post
    I'm running 4.2.34 on my Nexus 6P, Android 8.1 July update.

When connected to bluetooth in my car, when I shut the car off the player pauses for a second, then starts playing over the handset speaker. This behavior did not occur in any version before the .34 release.

I checked, I have this setting: Settings>Player Settings>Automatic Pause or Resume>Pause on Headset Disconnect enabled. I have made zero changes to my settings when updating to the latest beta.

This is very frustrating as I often have my media volume on zero, and will pull my phone out an hour after I get to work to find out that my podcasts have been playing silently in my pocket. It requires me to now get out of my car and stare at my phone to watch when it starts playing again to pause it.

I have not tried other Bluetooth sources to see if they pause when disconnecting, I can if I'm the only one with an issue. I can tell you my car did not change however, only BP did.
    Hello phalkon30,

I did have one other person report this a couple of days ago so I have reported this to development to look into. Thank you for your details! I will let you know if development requests any further information.

Sounds good, I've sent logs to you before, let me know if you need them in this instance.

BeyondPod Team
    This issue has been fixed in the latest beta version (v4.2.35) http://www.beyondpod.mobi/Android/BETA/. Please let us know if you for some reason are seeing this as an issue with your devices.

Quote Originally Posted by KimW View Post
    This issue has been fixed in the latest beta version (v4.2.35) http://www.beyondpod.mobi/Android/BETA/. Please let us know if you for some reason are seeing this as an issue with your devices.
    Hi Kim, nothing has changed with the .35 release. When my bluetooth disconnects the player switches over to the phone and keeps going. I believe this issue started with the .34 release

BeyondPod Team
    Hi Kim, nothing has changed with the .35 release. When my bluetooth disconnects the player switches over to the phone and keeps going. I believe this issue started with the .34 release
    Hello,

Thank you for letting me know. Could you please send your logs (Android and BeyondPod) so development can take a look for any clues as to why you are still seeing this in .35)

BeyondPod log only had "device rebooted, restoring schedules" messages so I didn't send.

Sent the Android log to development and your email with a header explaining why it was sent.I don't see much in there, hopefully the developer does. Unfortunately I got a call a few seconds after my headset disconnected, hopefully that doesn't screw up what you need to see.

BeyondPod Team
    BeyondPod log only had "device rebooted, restoring schedules" messages so I didn't send.

Sent the Android log to development and your email with a header explaining why it was sent.I don't see much in there, hopefully the developer does. Unfortunately I got a call a few seconds after my headset disconnected, hopefully that doesn't screw up what you need to see.
    Thank you for sending that. I have passed it along to development.

Version .36 has still not fixed the issue. Does the developer not have a bluetooth device to test with? Am I the only one having an issue?

This is incredibly easy to reproduce for me.

I just tried on .36, connected to bluetooth, played media, powered off device, it instantly played on my phones speaker.
    Rebooted, same sequence, same result. I sent log files after a fresh reboot, hopefully no other noise in them now.

BeyondPod Team
    Version .36 has still not fixed the issue. Does the developer not have a bluetooth device to test with? Am I the only one having an issue?

This is incredibly easy to reproduce for me.

I just tried on .36, connected to bluetooth, played media, powered off device, it instantly played on my phones speaker.
    Rebooted, same sequence, same result. I sent log files after a fresh reboot, hopefully no other noise in them now.
    This fix was tested and the fix was verified to be successful on our end. I have passed along your logs that you sent to have development take a look to see if they can find a clue as to why you are still having the issue on your end in .36.