Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 4.2.34 Not Pausing on Disconnect

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by phalkon30 View Post
    Version .36 has still not fixed the issue. Does the developer not have a bluetooth device to test with? Am I the only one having an issue?

This is incredibly easy to reproduce for me.

I just tried on .36, connected to bluetooth, played media, powered off device, it instantly played on my phones speaker.
    Rebooted, same sequence, same result. I sent log files after a fresh reboot, hopefully no other noise in them now.
    This fix was tested and the fix was verified to be successful on our end. I have passed along your logs that you sent to have development take a look to see if they can find a clue as to why you are still having the issue on your end in .36.

Thanks for the feedback and confirmation that I may be the only one. Makes me wonder if there is something wrong with my phone's bluetooth since the "start playing on bluetooth connection" problem was never fixed for me either.

Ditto here. On Aug build of Android 9, running beta .36 on Marlin/Pixel XL

I'm experiencing this issue on .36 as well

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Peanutman View Post
    I'm experiencing this issue on .36 as well
    Our development created a better fix for this that will be available in v4.2.37

This issue appears to be fixed in the .37 release. There is a half second of audio that plays through the phone after bluetooth disconnect, but I'll take that over what the .36 release was.

Thanks for staying on the issue for us Kim.

I have this problem on v4.2.41 is there a fix - i hate losing multiple minutes of my podcasts when i change bluetooth devices or start stop the car

Quote Originally Posted by jmstroup21 View Post
    I have this problem on v4.2.41 is there a fix - i hate losing multiple minutes of my podcasts when i change bluetooth devices or start stop the car
    Hmm, this issue was fixed for me from what I remember on the .41 release. In Settings>Player Settings>Automatic Pause or Resume you have the first checkbox ticked?

Also, try Settings>Player Settings>Headset button actions and uncheck the first option (enable headset button). This is a useless feature that seems to break some Bluetooth functions, although i don't remember if it had an effect on this particular case. In any case, it doesn't hurt to disable, headset buttons will continue to work.

I have this issue on .41. I'll be playing podcasts on a bluetooth speaker and when my fitbit goes out of range (i.e. I move out the room) the playback will stop. I can resume playback by pressing the play button on the speaker and / or pressing play on the beyondpod interface. It would appear that beyondpod pauses on ANY bluetooth disconnect and NOT on the media device that it is actually streaming to. I don't have this issue with poweramp (which I use for ordinary playback of other media).

I am very unwilling to stop using the feature which pauses playback when the bluetooth device is turned off - this is very useful with both speakers and headphones. If there is anyway that beyondpod could work out which device has been removed and only pause if it is the current playback device that would be really great!

Useful information and a good job. Well done...