Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BeyondPod Slow

UI/Response issues with really big feeds?

After a recent update I've been having a lot of trouble scrolling through, manually selecting, downloading, and queuing episodes from the back catalog of the following podcast feed:

http://mbmbam.libsyn.com/rss

None of my other feeds have this problem and I assume it's because My Brother, My Brother, And Me has far more episodes to load into that interface than anything else I'm currently listening to.
    Has anyone else seen long multi-second delays between tapping/scrolling and response in large feeds? Is my device just too old and RAM-poor to handle BeyondPod's current amount of dynamic loading/scrolling of podcast entries?

BeyondPod Version 4.2.30
    Android Version 5.0
    SM-N900T (Samsung Galaxy Note 3)

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeneth View Post
    After a recent update I've been having a lot of trouble scrolling through, manually selecting, downloading, and queuing episodes from the back catalog of the following podcast feed:

http://mbmbam.libsyn.com/rss

None of my other feeds have this problem and I assume it's because My Brother, My Brother, And Me has far more episodes to load into that interface than anything else I'm currently listening to.
    Has anyone else seen long multi-second delays between tapping/scrolling and response in large feeds? Is my device just too old and RAM-poor to handle BeyondPod's current amount of dynamic loading/scrolling of podcast entries?

BeyondPod Version 4.2.30
    Android Version 5.0
    SM-N900T (Samsung Galaxy Note 3)
    Hello,

I am not having any slowing issues with this feed on my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge on Android 7.0.

Quote Originally Posted by KimW View Post
    Hello,

I am not having any slowing issues with this feed on my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge on Android 7.0.
    Hm, maybe my device/OS really are just showing their age. I'm not sure I should attempt to force a newer operating system update on this old thing without doing a bunch of research first...

I've got what may be a similar issue, is this similar to what you see: whenever I hit the download button for an episode, on the download manager button, the circle will freeze up for about a second and a half. During this time, I can scroll, but if I try to add the downloading episode to a playlist or try to download anything else, my taps will be shunted down to whatever episode is two or three below. If I wait until the circle is moving again, no issues, but it starts and freezes several times each time I try to download.

I'm on a galaxy s7.

Whoa, yes exactly this behavior!
    I was struggling to describe the "shunted down taps" behavior succinctly enough, but it makes things very fiddly to manage when manually diving through the backlog of a long running podcast.

There's usually only one feed at a time that I choose to interact with like this, but it never used to happen prior to that May update.

I was struggling to describe the "shunted down taps" behavior succinctly enough, but it makes things very fiddly to manage when manually diving through the backlog of a long running podcast.

There's usually only one feed at a time that I choose to interact with like this, but it never used to happen prior to that May update.
    I've found that it's basically every feed for me. As long as the file is large enough that it doesn't download immediately, I've got to wait for it to be responsive before doing anything. I tested with a feed that has ~100mb episodes and 24 episodes total, so it doesn't seem to be the number of episodes at least.

Yeah, I've gotten in the habit of tapping the episode to see the description first to make sure it's not "seeing" the episode a few spots down the list before I download it.
    There also seems to be a general sluggishness working around in the app while a podcast is downloading, and I have to wait a few seconds between taps to add more episodes to the download queue.
    Has this improved by now for any of you? I'm running on BeyondPod v4.2.30 on a Sprint LG v20 with Android Nougat.

BeyondPod has always done that to me, where if I'm downloading in a large list (like Stuff You Should Know) I have to wait and be very careful of how I tap episodes or it will think it's a long press and start selecting/opening them.

It's frustrating, but I've just learned to be patient with it once a week when I'm downloading things.

Working very slow; downloading and adding to playlist sometimes affects the wrong epi

4.2.34, on Galaxy S8

BeyondPod has been running very slow for me lately, both on the beta and on the latest regular version. Sometimes there's a 10+ second delay between a touch and something happening. In addition, sometimes, when clicking the download or add to playlist button on a podcast episode, it will instead act as if I'd pressed the same button on the third or fourth episode down the list.

This only happens to me while BP is updating a feed.